UFC 161: 'Henderson vs Evans'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Rashad should go to his wrestling, there is no reason he cannot grind out a win if he goes back to his wrestling roots.

Considering what his last performance was like, do you think he'd be smart to go into this fight looking to wrestle and "grind out" a win?dana-white-angry.jpg

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair point, but if he goes 0-3, Dana will be on his back anyway. I think he should fight to the best of his ability and maximize his chances of winning, for me that is fighting smart. If he is active with his wrestling like he was with Tito, it may not even be boring. The worst case is if he comes out flat striking, and loses on points.

• Paid Members

Countdown videos;

Rashad vs Hendo

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_ur...h?v=yRtH0TIPZ_4

Nelson vs Miocic

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_ur...;feature=relmfu

Bollocks. Did this off my phone so these links are the mobile version of YouTube. If the links don't work I apologize, they're easy enough to find if you search Countdown to UFC 161 on YouTube.

• Paid Members

Them Training Day videos are good. I think the second one might have touched on something with Rashad actually. Him saying he needs to suffer a bit in camp to maintain his edge, then it cuts to him cruising down a sunny Miami highway...maybe the Florida lifestyle is making him softer. He didn't say that but he has been mentioning Rocky 3 recently, maybe he's lost his 'eye of the tiger'. Are we overlooking Miocic in the co-main? All 16 of us who voted have picked Big Country to clobber him. Yet Stipe on paper is the better boxer, better wrestler, younger, faster, more reach etc. The only advantages Roy really has besides his chin are BJJ (which he rarely uses), experience and maybe power. I picked Roy almost instinctively but I'm not sure, we might be selling Stipe a tad short.

• Paid Members

i think Miocic would be wise to try and wrestle Roy and control him from top position, standing i think everyone just expects Roy to land that over right, he's on fire with that thing at the moment.

• Paid Members

Staredowns from yesterday;

8636_10151701835924479_2074903008_n.0_standard_305.0.jpg

103_Roy_Nelson_and_Stipe_Miocic.jpg

101_Alexis_Davis_and_Rosie_Sexton.jpg

Also, has anyone heard about Roy Nelson calling Daniel Cormier an 'Uncle Tom'? I usually like Roy and usually think Dana's being harsh on him when he says Roy is stupid etc, but fuck me what a twat. I haven't seen the interview in question yet but there's no right context to use that phrase in for me. If he said it, he was wrong. Wouldn't mind seeing Cormier vs Nelson though, if Roy wins tomorrow.

Also, has anyone heard about Roy Nelson calling Daniel Cormier an 'Uncle Tom'? I usually like Roy and usually think Dana's being harsh on him when he says Roy is stupid etc, but fuck me what a twat. I haven't seen the interview in question yet but there's no right context to use that phrase in for me. If he said it, he was wrong. Wouldn't mind seeing Cormier vs Nelson though, if Roy wins tomorrow.

Here's a write-up on it, and here's the interview in question.

Roy Nelson and Dana White don't like each other very much. That's pretty obvious to any outside observer. That said,

• Paid Members

Cheers. Yeah, Nelson's come off badly there. Even using the old "well I have lots of black friends" bit first, as if it justifies the following "and they'd call that an 'Uncle Tom' move". Not good. With this being the last fight on Nelson's contract, it will be interesting to see what happens with him after this fight, win or lose.

• Paid Members

Just been watching the Helwani interviews, man, Rosi Sexton seemed nervous as fuck. I don't know if it's the occasion overwhelming her, pre-Octagon jitters or she's just not that comfortable with public speaking but she seemed very uneasy. She's one of the most experienced womens fighters in the sport so maybe it is just more a case of her not being one for interviews. It would be nice to see her pull the upset but I have to give the edge to Alexis Davis. She's got great BJJ, she's scrappy on the feet and she's bigger. They're both very good grapplers but I think Davis' size advantage will make the difference on the ground.

Just been watching the Helwani interviews, man, Rosi Sexton seemed nervous as fuck. I don't know if it's the occasion overwhelming her, pre-Octagon jitters or she's just not that comfortable with public speaking but she seemed very uneasy. She's one of the most experienced womens fighters in the sport so maybe it is just more a case of her not being one for interviews. It would be nice to see her pull the upset but I have to give the edge to Alexis Davis. She's got great BJJ, she's scrappy on the feet and she's bigger. They're both very good grapplers but I think Davis' size advantage will make the difference on the ground.

Yeah, I thought that as well. I've chosen Davis to win via first round submission.

I think even if Nelson wins, there is a good chance he is out the door and maybe in Bellator or WSOF. Dana sounded like he would entertain a new contract for Roy if he won, but did not seem that arsed. I think Roy would not be in the UFC if he had not won TUF, the shambles that was the Nelson vs Carwin season ratings and critical wise will just add to Dana's desire to give Nelson the chop.

Archived