UFC 161: 'Henderson vs Evans'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah, 3 rounds is better for Hendo in that sense. But I wouldn't really say it favours him. It just means Rashad only has to nick two rounds with takedowns and he's back in the win column. It also means Rashad only has to avoid that right hand for 15 minutes instead of 25. If Rashad comes in to strike, I like Hendo's chances but I can't see it. Rashad needs this win badly, he goes 0-3 with a loss here and he's looked bad in his last two losses. I think that will mean we see Rashad go back to his wrestling roots for this one, and I can't see Hendo stopping it over 3 rounds or 5. Puncher's chance for Hendo I think.

• Paid Members

Yeah, 3 rounds is better for Hendo in that sense. But I wouldn't really say it favours him. It just means Rashad only has to nick two rounds with takedowns and he's back in the win column. It also means Rashad only has to avoid that right hand for 15 minutes instead of 25. If Rashad comes in to strike, I like Hendo's chances but I can't see it. Rashad needs this win badly, he goes 0-3 with a loss here and he's looked bad in his last two losses. I think that will mean we see Rashad go back to his wrestling roots for this one, and I can't see Hendo stopping it over 3 rounds or 5. Puncher's chance for Hendo I think.

I still think Evans should move to MW. I mean christ, if you look at a pic today tweeted by him, even Renzo gracie looks as big as him!BMcgVvsCIAAoK3v.jpg

• Paid Members

Yeah, it's crazy to think this guy won TUF as a heavyweight. He really does look like he'd be suited for 185. I think he said the problem would be he's got a big arse and legs (his words) and so cutting weight would be rough. He's got a lot of junk in that trunk, sister.

• Paid Members

Yeah, it's crazy to think this guy won TUF as a heavyweight. He really does look like he'd be suited for 185. I think he said the problem would be he's got a big arse and legs (his words) and so cutting weight would be rough. He's got a lot of junk in that trunk, sister.

Yep, I can relate. I've got big fuck off footballers/rugby players thighs and it makes losing weight extremely difficult. Then again, constantly eating midget gems may be an issue too?

• Paid Members

i can midget gems all day.Been happy hearing Rashad's attitude going in, after the Nogueira fight it felt like the wheels totally fell off the wagon, calls of him not wanting it anymore, ego's in the Blackzilians it was a weird time. Rashad's addressed that going in here, and of course words don't mean anything, but i really hope he goes out there and puts in a performance to prove that he still belongs.

• Paid Members

i can midget gems all day.Been happy hearing Rashad's attitude going in, after the Nogueira fight it felt like the wheels totally fell off the wagon, calls of him not wanting it anymore, ego's in the Blackzilians it was a weird time. Rashad's addressed that going in here, and of course words don't mean anything, but i really hope he goes out there and puts in a performance to prove that he still belongs.

Yeah I'm truly in Evan's camp here and hoping for a win for him. For me, Henderson really is at an age where he needs to stop and Evans still has a title run (most likely at MW) in him.

• Paid Members

I think it's going to depend a lot on which Rashad turns up on Saturday night. If Rashad turns up like he did against Nogueira, too cautious and trying to mostly box, I could definitely see Hendo planting one on his chin and possibly putting him out. But Rashad sounds rejuvenated for this fight and from what I'm reading it sounds like he realises and regrets that he's neglected his wrestling in his last couple of fights. And Hendo, despite his wrestling background, has never really shown strong takedown defence. If Rashad comes in with a smart gameplan like he did against Rampage and Tito the second time, I see him winning. I think he'll prove too fast and too good a wrestler for Hendo.You never know, it only takes one punch with a fighter like Dan Henderson. And Rashad has been rocked a few times before even in fights he's won. We'll see. I just hope it's a good fight whoever wins.

Problem there is that Hendo is only a danger for the first 3 rounds. If you watch the Shogun or Rampage fight, Hendo gasses and tires out so bad by round 4 he is of no danger to land big. I agree though, if Rashad goes back to his wrestling roots, Hendo is fucked. I just hope Rashad does not come out flat, in that case Hendo could catch him or take a boring points win.

• Paid Members

I was thinking more along these lines actually...

Jake-Shields-pummeling-dan-henderson.jpg

mma_jackson_henderson_300_display_image.jpg

Shogun-reagiu-contra-Dan-Henderson-e-por-isso-quer-revanche.jpg

followed by...

rashod1be3.gif

Yeah, fair point Jim. It is an interesting fight. I really like both so I'm actually not that arsed who wins, as long as it's better than both their last showings. They could both do with a really good fight now, they've both kind of fallen out of relevance lately with Rashad's losses and Hendo's last loss and the long layoff before that. They need to make something happen Saturday. The loser falls further out of the title race.

I want Rashad to win based on me thinking he has more upside, he is younger, more well rounded and a better drawing card. It would be a shame for taht talent to go to waste. I have always wondered why he never dropped to 185lbs, shame he suffers from Cro Cop syndrome of having chunky legs, he could make some real noise at 185lbs.If they both come in all things equal, Rashad wins 7 or 8 times out of ten, but if Rashad come in flat and does not fight smart, it could be a real snoozefest. Rashad should go to his wrestling, there is no reason he cannot grind out a win if he goes back to his wrestling roots.

Archived