Wrestlers Being Pricks

L_E_T_H_A_L

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didnt JBL try and take liberties and bully Chuck Palumbo in the locker room only to get an unexpected kicking for his trouble?

Don't know about that but there was a story years back that Steve Blackman knocked him out with one kick after an incident at an airport also John Morrison is alleged to have told JBL to go fuck himself or words to that effect backstage once after he had a go at him and Miz (who apparently just stood there and took JBL's abuse like a scolded school boy) about something.

IMO JBL seems to be a "if you don't stand up for yourself then you deserve to take shit" kind of guy similar to Vince.

• Paid Members
So its okay for Helms to fight and swear but if Michaels leans lightly in that direction he's a terrible person.

Only one of them is a Christian. A Christian that calls people dick's and ends the lives of his God's creations... those are the main differences I think.

Forgive and forget, that's what I say ;)

Yeah, Christians aren't allowed to kill animals, ever. You've caught him out, well done

• Paid Members
On the JBL front, this was posted on Bleacher Report (pinch of salt alert) a couple of years ago, but I'd seen the story elsewhere previous to that. I seem to remember JBL openly admitting he "hazed" people backstage too..

JBL's bullying ended when Joey Styles (ECW announcer), who is half his size, had enough of his years of bullying and hazing such as purposely spilling drinks on him, knocked him out during an overseas trip to Iraq for a Tribute to the Troops special.

Has this ever been proven or substantiated by either Joey or any reliable witnesses?

"knocked him out" must be one of the most overused lines of bullshit in wrestling. 99.9% of wrestling fights (and real life fights) are scuffles that are broken up sharpish.

One of the MLW podcasts spoke a lot about the above HERE

Joey did punch JBL (and apparantly knocked him over, but not out.) earning him the name 'Stocky Baboa' for a bit.

Above where it states this ended the bullying is stupid too. There must have been more shit JBL did, but he's probably calmed down more since retiring, getting married and needing to be better behaved. Not because Joey slayed the evil dragon for the villagers. It is a great story though.

So its okay for Helms to fight and swear but if Michaels leans lightly in that direction he's a terrible person.

Only one of them is a Christian. A Christian that calls people dick's and ends the lives of his God's creations... those are the main differences I think.

Well considering he goes to the same church and does bible studies etc if they had a problem with it surely they would say (hunting not swearing.) Each area will be different, If you're in the south and an area where its hunting friendly they probably dont mind? Maybe its okay if you eat what you kill? Religion in grey area shocker!

The big thing is why does Helms care that much? Why so much anger? Why alienate yourself so much? It could stop him from EVER making any money in WWE again.

According to Meltz it was a suckerpunch going by some eye witness reports.

Well Joey is a lot smaller. If that MLW podcast is accurate all the main eventers defended joey, so JBL was probably being a cunt. Fuck him.

On the JBL front, this was posted on Bleacher Report (pinch of salt alert) a couple of years ago, but I'd seen the story elsewhere previous to that. I seem to remember JBL openly admitting he "hazed" people backstage too..

He harassed referee Billy Silverman in 2001, hazing him on his airplane to get him drinks and other things. He bullied the 5'6" referee so much that Silverman quit the WWE.

I'm sure I read at the time that Silverman was fired for bumping himself up to first class on a flight, which is a privilege reserved only for main event talent?

In terms of being a dick to fans: I saw an animated gif somewhere years ago of a fan holding his autograph book out towards an approaching Elijah Burke. Burke took hold of it and immediately deliberately dropped it on the floor without even breaking his stride.

Helms had a fight with Bagwell at a training camp at the time of the Invasion. At the time the fashionable thing for fans and staff was to side with Helms. Who knows whether this was right or wrong.

Someone who worked for WWE at the time told me that the Bradshaw/Blackman airport incident was like something out of a movie, with Bradshaw sprawled on the baggage conveyor belt. There was also some follow up - something along the lines of Blackman telling Bradshaw to apologise to him that day or he'd get a proper kicking.

Bradshaw duly apologised to Blackman before the show with all the crew there to watch. Everyone making an effort to be there!

I've always had an instinct that Foley is a cunt. I think there was a tale on here from some Brit worker who was chauffeuring Foley about the UK whereby Foley wouldn't put his hand in his pocket for his own meals etc at service stations.

As far as wrestlers being cocks to fans, after a house show in Aberdeen 10 years ago I popped into the McDonald's on Union Street. It happened to be where Big Show, Shelton Benjamin and Nidia where munching too.

There was a kid there wearing a Big Show tshirt so clearly a Big Show fan. The boy's dad spoke to the wrestlers handler, who seemed to tell him to wait until the wrestlers had finished eating to get autographs etc.

Sure enough the handler beckoned the dad and kid over and Shelty and Nidia acted impeccably. Conversely, when the kid ssked Big Show how it felt wrestling in Aberdeen tonight the Big Show responded "just another day at the office" while staring in the other direction.

The kid then asked for his autograph, and Show told him "maybe later at the nightclub" and then fucked off leaving the handler to apologise!

Yes, Paul Heyman's a prick. You owe that many people that much money and lie your head off? You're a fucking prick.

And yet he still seems fairly well liked. Or am I wrong and there's lots of people venting spleen about him in shoot interviews and whatnot? If people were foolish enough to work for him for free, on a promise of being paid at some later point in the future, then isn't that a worse reflection on them rather than handsome Heyman the snappy dresser?

The fellow did go bankrupt himself, it's not like he escaped to Hawaii in his gold jet leaving behind a trail of impoverished wrestlers rattling their cans on the cold streets of Philadelphia.

• Paid Members

He was under contract to Vince McMahon getting paid a salary for years and as soon as he went bankrupt he just went to work where there was a job waiting for him. He always knew he would have a six figure job when ECW died on its arse. Also, these wrestlers were under contract to ECW. Where else were they going to go? WCW weren't in a position to offer anyone contracts and if you pissed off Paul Heyman there was no way you were getting a job in WWF. Its easy to say "more fool them" when they had no option. The ones that had options (Lance Storm, Rob Van Dam etc) did leave. What was Chilly Willy supposed to do? Hold them up for money?

Sabu was took to court and forced into not working for WCW by Heyman. Sabu left in early 2000 and Heyman tied him up in court like a slimey cunt would do.

Archived