Wrestlers Being Pricks

L_E_T_H_A_L

Recount some of your favourite stories of pro wrestlers being absolute cunts, whether it be to fans, promoters or their fellow workers.

One of my favourites for this category is undoubtedly Scott Hall. You could write a volume of books about the things he's done to earn his reputation as one of the biggest pieces of shit ever in wrestling. These include:

Bret Hart claimed in his autobiography that when the WWF were touring Europe, a small kid who appeared to be a huge Razor Ramon fan waited outside the building for an autograph from his hero. When the WCW-bound Hall finally came out, he asked the boy his name, and when he told him (let's say his name was Joey), Hall threw the pen and paper away and said "Well Joey, I don't need to sign autographs any more." The kid was devastated, and Hart claimed he lost all respect for Hall after this.

Chris Jericho spoke of being bullied by Scott Hall early in his WCW tenure, until finally being forced to stand up to 'The Bad Guy' by Scott Norton. Jericho also talks about how a drunk Hall pissed into Chris Benoit's cowboy boots backstage after a show.

Days after arriving back in the WWF in 2002 for the nWo angle, a half-baked Hall approached The Dudley Boys backstage at the arena and said, "Yo, love your finish. Can't wait to kick out of it." and wandered off, laughing. Even Nash was mortified by this pointless heat-seeking exercise.

Personally, I think Hall's actions balanced themselves out over the course of his career. For all the bad he's done, I don't think he ever refused to anyone, and even lost matches he was booked to win to give someone the rub (pretty sure he even did this for Jericho).

Share some of your favourite "I've heard so-and-so is an utter cunt" stories...

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I dont care what the wrestlers do to each other. When they fuck over the fans is when it sickens me. Hearing about small time indy workers or ex WWE talent changing over excited fans a tenner for a picture on their mobile phone is pretty disgusting I think. Kevin Steen mentioned this on his shoot interview. And granted Steen physically isn't a tenner, but he's a bigger name than most of the gonks that over-inflate their worth. And he doesn't charge a penny for pictures with him. I see the gimmick table at some events and its laughable. I met Bret Hart and didn't have to pay fuck all for a picture. Motherfucking Bad Bones was charging though. Fucking Bad Bones! A man called Bad Bones wants my wages.

PCO and Daniel Bryan were the lads. Renee Dupree and Doug Basham not so much. Heard Raven and Colt Cabana are massive cunts as well when it comes to shilling themselves. I get you have to get paid and all that, but why should I emotionally invest in characters who I've seen with less customer service skills than the shittest pound shop worker.

• Paid Members
The kid was devastated, and Hart claimed he lost all respect for Hall after this.

Didnt that story end in Bret saving the day and signing the kids autograph book? A lot of Bret stories involve other people being pricks and Bret being the hero. Hmm...

a half-baked Hall approached The Dudley Boys backstage at the arena and said, "Yo, love your finish. Can't wait to kick out of it." and wandered off, laughing. Even Nash was mortified by this pointless heat-seeking exercise.

I saw Nash defend him about that in one shoot, because he's clearly winding them up. If I was in the lockeroom I would have pissed myself laughing. Especially with Bubba being regarded as a prick himself.

• Moderators

Scott Hall just strike me as being cool as fuck to be honest, not really a prick. Not like Shawn Michaels or Paul Heyman or something.

Yes, Paul Heyman's a prick. You owe that many people that much money and lie your head off? You're a fucking prick.

• Paid Members
Not like Shawn Michaels or Paul Heyman or something.

Explain the Shawn Michaels hate to me Butch. What have you heard? I've read he's a proper knob. He's not a drug addict anymore, but he's a Born Again bellend. Just seems like a boss-eyed misery these days.

They're all headcases if you think. They are either off their tits after years of cocaine abuse or just can't be arsed.

Personally, I think Hall's actions balanced themselves out over the course of his career. For all the bad he's done, I don't think he ever refused to anyone, and even lost matches he was booked to win to give someone the rub (pretty sure he even did this for Jericho).

Share some of your favourite "I've heard so-and-so is an utter cunt" stories...

Yeah he jobbed to Jericho on Nitro.BUT in Jericho's book he claims Hall didn't know how to do a small package - despite having lost to Bret with one at KOTR 93

I'm just going on his mid-90s rep. I wouldn't know what he's like now. Shane Helms hates him though doesn't he?

Helms has went off on a tangent about Shawn Michaels in a series of Youtube interviews and talks about how he's a piece of shit, his born-again Christian beliefs are a total work and that he's a completely different person than the image of himself that he has carefully crafted would have you believe. He talks about how Shawn absolutely destroyed Chris Jericho with a tirade of profanity-laced verbal abuse in the catering area at a Raw taping, and even talks about how the fact that Michaels is an avid hunter makes him a cunt.

Michaels is perhaps the most detested wrestler in history among his fellow workers. Other than his clique buddies, you'd be hard pushed to find a single wrestler from his 1986-1998 run who has anything nice to say about him as a human being, while admitting he is one of the greatest in-ring performers of all-time.

They're all headcases if you think.

See, thats what I think. And I like it. It's a great laugh hearing stories from the 80's and 90s. But, I feel a bit wrong liking it. Some shits mental. These guys have fuck all on Saville and Hall in terms of skeletons.

Michaels used to piss on hookers faces when he was gettin a bj. Bradshaw would tie up and threaten to rape anyone newbie with an attitude. Didn't Bruce Hart knock up and marry a 14 year old student of his? The Kliq allegedly gang-banged with bitches all the time.

I know this isn't exactly being bastards; i'm just going off in a tangent. But they're all headcases indeed. Can't imagine they would get away with that shit now.

They're all headcases if you think.

Michaels used to piss on hookers faces when he was gettin a bj. Bradshaw would tie up and threaten to rape anyone newbie with an attitude. Didn't Bruce Hart knock up and marry a 14 year old student of his? The Kliq allegedly gang-banged with bitches all the time.

There's absolutely nothing except a dodgy, devoid-of-sources Angelfire page from 1997 to back up these rumours, most of which has been proven to be utter bullshit.

Here's the page, for those who have never seen it.

• Paid Members
Speaking of Helms, didn't him and Bagwell get into some bother backstage years ago? Who was the prick in that incident?

I said it in another thread but Helm's shoot was hilarious because it started with him moaning about having an (unfair) rep as someone who gets into a lot of fights, then thoroughout the shoot mentions a dozen different retarded fights he got in.

Him being really angry at Michaels must be a deeper story or perhaps he's just mega christian. But his reasons were pretty weak.

He talks about how Shawn absolutely destroyed Chris Jericho with a tirade of profanity-laced verbal abuse in the catering area at a Raw taping

You're making that sound a lot more dramatic. There was a little argument in catering which included Michaels swearing (Christians are not allowed to do this apparantly?) Jericho himself defended Michaels on Twitter saying that he gets into arguments with different people all the time and it wasnt a big deal.

Hilariously Helms was arrested for drunkenly fighting Jericho a few years back. There must be more to the HBK hate. All this because he shoots deer and said fuck in catering? Very strange.

Archived