Wrestlers Being Pricks

L_E_T_H_A_L

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
AJ Styles refused to sign my LAX tshirt at a show in Liverpool in 2008 the little short arse!

Can't say I blame him.

I'm not sure about all the Foley hate. I've met him twice, once I ambushed him at his meet and greet for a cheeky interview and he was good enough to oblige. The second time was a few weeks ago when I hung out with him for a bit after his show since I knew his support act, and he seemed a decent bloke.

In other news, Kid Kash just asked me to pay him for an interview. Speaking of pricks...I found Eugene a bit stand offish as well. He said I needed to buy him a beer after giving me an interview, I laughed and he didn't. Turns out he wasn't joking. Then he ignored me after I brought it to him and brushed me off.

• Moderators
In other news, Kid Kash just asked me to pay him for an interview. Speaking of pricks...I found Eugene a bit stand offish as well. He said I needed to buy him a beer after giving me an interview, I laughed and he didn't. Turns out he wasn't joking. Then he ignored me after I brought it to him and brushed me off.

Pint for an interview doesn't seem that unreasonable.

Pint for an interview doesn't seem that unreasonable.

I don't disagree, it was just the way he said at the end of the interview while we were still recording "okay now you buy me a beer." I would have offered! John Morrison nearly slapped me for making him do a shot of Sourz...

AJ Styles refused to sign my LAX tshirt at a show in Liverpool in 2008 the little short arse!

Can't say I blame him.

that's like asking Cena to sign a CM Punk T-shirt...

Its a t shirt at the end of the day and the rest of the TNA crew signed it so its a case of AJ being a bellend in my book.

• Paid Members

I met Foley a couple of times at meets. I got him to sign Rumble 2000, the event which made me a wrestling fan, and we chatted about Mae's tits and the alleged fuss channel 4 kicked up over it for a few minutes.

By all accounts he is a tight bloke and thin skinned but he was nice enough as a famous name with me.

He wasn't in Frank Bruno's league though, he was chatting to some one on a phone, laughing and having a great time for 10 minutes, before passing it to some random person who walked off saying "Yeah I know love, Frank Bruno. How class is that" down the phone. He also insisted on teaching a mate a new handshake.

When I met Foley he commented on the fact that my girlfriend had her cheeks peirced, so I told her to show him her split tounge. He winced and said "ouch that must have hurt, fair play I couldn't do that... I'll be thinking about that in my hotel room tonight." I was too busy being impressed she made Mick Foley wince in pain to notice he was being a sleaze.

• Paid Members
A wrestler not wanting to sign a fans shirt because its the shirt of a rival is stupid.

Nothing to do with LAX being his rivals - they weren't. I just think asking a wrestler to sign another act's merchandise is bizarre. Their own gear, tour poster or t-shirt, an autograph book if you're an autograph hunter type. But for a pro wrestler to be asked to sign somebody else's gear I imagine comes across a bit like "Yeah, I like you. Not as much as these guys though, that's why I bought their shirt instead of yours." I know wrestlers are used to getting abuse and everything but that doesn't stop a lot of them being quick to temper or rather sensitive. This thread containing plenty of examples.

I just assumed that was the reason. The premise of not wanting to sign wrestling merch if you're not on it is backwards also. It proves nothing, and only serves to make the wrestler look like a jerk, and the fan dissapointed. Imagine some poor fucker wasn't aware an autograph would be possible so obviously had no AJ merch on him... A smart thing to do would be nice to the fan and give a poxy signature on whatever, in the hopes he'd go hone and buy a best of DVD or something, and not get a slagging off on a message board.

A wrestler not wanting to sign a fans shirt because its the shirt of a rival is stupid.

Nothing to do with LAX being his rivals - they weren't. I just think asking a wrestler to sign another act's merchandise is bizarre. Their own gear, tour poster or t-shirt, an autograph book if you're an autograph hunter type. But for a pro wrestler to be asked to sign somebody else's gear I imagine comes across a bit like "Yeah, I like you. Not as much as these guys though, that's why I bought their shirt instead of yours." I know wrestlers are used to getting abuse and everything but that doesn't stop a lot of them being quick to temper or rather sensitive. This thread containing plenty of examples.

You are looking into this way too deep dude, it was a wrestling show, the t shirt is wrestling merch and AJ is a wrestler so just sign the shirt and send the fans home happy.

It is strange that he was that bothered about it. Someone mentioned Cena signing a CM Punk shirt as an example - does anyone reckon that in that scenario, Cena would refuse to sign it? I can only imagine he'd make some joke about the situation and then oblige.

Archived