Wrestlers Being Pricks

L_E_T_H_A_L

Doesn't Ken Doane blame Cena for his firing too? I think Doane used to date Mickie James and then that beef happened (apparently) between Mickie and Cena and it all ended with both Mickie and Kenny being shit-canned. He claims he was dating Mickie and Cena started seeing her. Doane was moved to SD and jobbed then released and she was fired a little after that.

-edit-

Seems partly bollocks at least as Mickie was there for over a year after Doane was canned!

Kenny's version of events might be slightly different to what you've got there -- Cena and Mickie started shagging, so Kenny got sent on the first train to losersville. Mickie herself was alright until Cena nipped it in the bud and she went psycho.

I think Kenny really got the sack for being a knob, though. During that great Randy Orton interview in Powerslam, he told a story of how he had enough of Kenny and just knocked him out one night

Yeah, that's sounds right. I was abbreviating considerably (and couldn't be arsed to go searching for old Kenny interviews).

They (Ken and Mickie) were together and then Mickie started seeing Cena too, at which point Ken got shifted to the other brand because he was a nobody. He also mentioned Cena was with another (married) Diva, rumored to be Victoria. This was all while he was in a long term relationship too.

Sounds like he might be a bit of a Bret Hart. All his fans think he's squeaky clean - while he puts it up every rat and diva he can behind the missus' back!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Poor Victoria gets linked to everyone who's after a shag. Benoit was linked to her as well.

The Christy Hemme rumours regarding Triple H were interesting at the time as well. She was all jacked up at the time as well, which he's into. If he's anything like his father in law (and Stephanie is as bothered about her husband fucking about as her Mam was) its wouldn't be surprising.

This is turning into a "did he bang her?" thread. Hogan and Sherri. Jerry Lawler and Jackie Moore. Vince and Shawn.

• Paid Members

The Hemme thing is baffling. It's amazing nothing has come out about that at all. It must have been something massive if Meltzer or someone didn't get hold of it. She was an over talent on TV then she got shipped to OVW and sacked in a week. Was is Triple H though, he's always mentioned as possibly the guy, though it easily could have been someone else high-up. If you believe Vince was giving Ashley Massaro a thumbs up in his office then he's not an outside bet :D

As an addendum to the above, there were lots of rumours knocking around years back that Sherri and Hogan always had a thing for each other, which explained why Sherri didn't mind being stripped down to her undies during some matches, particularly in WCW. Weren't Shawn and Sherri supposed to be an item outside of the ring too?

On a different note to the earlier Big Show story, I went to a signing he did about 2008ish in Birmingham, and he stayed longer than any of the other wrestlers, smiled, had photographs taken with the kids there, and was generally an all round nice guy. I know this is at odds with the earlier post, and I don't know if he had a Road to Damascus type conversion, but he seemed a genuinely nice guy who would go out of his way to sign stuff and present a good image to the fans.

• Paid Members
As an addendum to the above, there were lots of rumours knocking around years back that Sherri and Hogan always had a thing for each other

Brutus made a mention in his Timeline of 1989 that Hogan and he "knew" Sherri in the 70s. When pressed a little further he gave a chuckle that "she was a worker" but hadn't yet got in the business.

I've seen people say that he wasn't particularly lucid in that interview and had a poor memory, so I went into it with low expectations. I thought he was sharp throughout and the "can't remember" stuff was sort of a running joke when asked about the goings-on leading up to and during the Zahorian and McMahon trials.

On a different note to the earlier Big Show story, I went to a signing he did about 2008ish in Birmingham, and he stayed longer than any of the other wrestlers, smiled, had photographs taken with the kids there, and was generally an all round nice guy. I know this is at odds with the earlier post, and I don't know if he had a Road to Damascus type conversion, but he seemed a genuinely nice guy who would go out of his way to sign stuff and present a good image to the fans.

I would think it's probably more likely that he and the other wrestlers are simply human beings and as such sometimes have off days, which gets them labelled as pricks when these threads come up. I think I'd probably get tired occasionally of playing the genial giant all the time if I were interrupted for the umpteenth time in a day, and every now and again a surly remark would come out.

As an addendum to the above, there were lots of rumours knocking around years back that Sherri and Hogan always had a thing for each other

Brutus made a mention in his Timeline of 1989 that Hogan and he "knew" Sherri in the 70s. When pressed a little further he gave a chuckle that "she was a worker" but hadn't yet got in the business.

I've seen people say that he wasn't particularly lucid in that interview and had a poor memory, so I went into it with low expectations. I thought he was sharp throughout and the "can't remember" stuff was sort of a running joke when asked about the goings-on leading up to and during the Zahorian and McMahon trials.

I would think it's probably more likely that he and the other wrestlers are simply human beings and as such sometimes have off days, which gets them labelled as pricks when these threads come up. I think I'd probably get tired occasionally of playing the genial giant all the time if I were interrupted for the umpteenth time in a day, and every now and again a surly remark would come out.

When he's in pain he's been known to eat Vicodin pills like M&M's; pain may explain mood swings for these guys.

That's a rule for life as well, Ronnie. If someone is shitty to you, it always more than likely that they're having a bad day, suffering from stress or have received bad news, or are just really tired and overworked.

I wouldn't want to be Foley, and have to deal with the sort of fans he must have, for 8/12 hours on the trot.

I agree with this. Brutus seemed sharp and humorous during the interview and not at all like the brain-damaged, drug addled fool I was expecting.

Brutus has got a bit of a reputation as a shagger, hasn't he? Missy Hyatt, the hot chick from Hulk Hogan's wrestling show and Sherri as well? I remember Missy saying the ladies love Brutus. The bloke must be hung like a horse.

• Paid Members

On Colt Cabana's Premium CD, there's an extra where Cabana starts an interview with Christian York. Its all going swimmingly until 15 minutes in where Brutus Beefcake (who is riding with York that day) walks in and angrily says "We've got to fucking go. Your not even fucking ready to go? We've got a 3 hour drive, brother, let's go!" And the interview stops. Its incredibly awkward as York is sheepishly saying "yeah ... yeah" and then says in an embarrassed tone "we can do this later". Like a teacher yelling at a 35 year old student. Brutus has no time for these "young" guys.

Archived