Wrestlers Being Pricks

L_E_T_H_A_L

Some of the back and forths on this thread are brilliant.

Although I will now address a question I don't think has been covered - what's Cena like?

He's the most selfish, lazy and unmotivated main event performer in the history of the business, according to Fin Martin. I don't think I've ever heard anyone in the business say a bad word about him as a human being.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Cena had this beef with Tyler Reks

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1430220...n-cena-big-show

Sunday night, Gabe Tuft, known widely as former WWE superstar Tyler Reks, took to social media to let out some frustration. After asking his 110,000 Twitter followers if they wanted to hear him dish some dirt about WWE, he then began with a story about his finisher, Burning Hammer, and how it angered a certain top star in WWE.

"Anyone want to know what top guy forced me to stop using the burning hammer - even after it appeared on SD/RAW and PPV's?"

"1st house show loop, Cena asks pulls me aside, degrades me like I'm 10 years & tells me if I use it again I'd me fired."

"He yelled at me & said, "Who gave u permission to use that"? Apparently he hadn't been watching the product 4 the last 8 months."

So, according to Tuft's accounts, Cena had an issue with Tuft's finisher, Burning Hammer, which is similar to Cena's Attitude Adjustment. Both moves are in the Death Valley Driver family, though both moves have been done elsewhere, often.

Tuft's gripe about him performing the move for months before getting grief about it sounds like it could match up. After all, Reks seemed to quickly stop getting pushed and miraculously adopted a gut-wrenching, back-breaker rack into a DDT, named Killjoy, as his new finisher.

When asked by a Twitter user on why he thinks Cena did not want Tuft using Burning Hammer as a finisher, Tuft said that "it looks better than the AA" and that Cena is "insecure."

Certainly a dick move by Cena if true.

Certainly a dick move by Cena if true.

If you're an absolute idiot, yes. But wrestling has a long-standing tradition of main event guys protecting their finishers, poses, catchphrases etc. If CM Punk had landed in WWE and started doing the Pepsi Plunge as his finisher, Triple H would have given him a good hiding.

• Moderators

I'm with Pitcos, to be honest. The shitload of charity work he does, of which apparently the majority isn't even publicised, makes him a far better guy then telling a marginal talent jobber what a road agent should have told the jobber months ago would make him a bad guy.

• Paid Members

Presumably it had been cleared by the office/road agents if he had been using it for 8 months on TV though. Punk stopped using the Plunge as soon as he reached developmental I believe. He hadn't used it on tv and got it established only to be told to change it a good while later.

• Paid Members

That black bloke (Tarver?) from the original Nexus badmouthed Cena I recall. Said Cena gave him a wild and reckless chairshot that injured his arm badly and Cena just laughed about it and didn't bother apologising.

But that might be typical fired jobber bullshit.

It is strange that he was that bothered about it. Someone mentioned Cena signing a CM Punk shirt as an example - does anyone reckon that in that scenario, Cena would refuse to sign it? I can only imagine he'd make some joke about the situation and then oblige.

Years ago we ended up in the same hotel as the WWE guys in Glasgow.

I had a No Mercy DVD with JBL on the cover, with one of his 100 dollar bills from the previous Wrestlemania inside. I walked up to him and asked if he could sign it, he didn't look the road I was on and just said "no", walking straight past. Shortly after I bumped into John Cena and told him about the incident and asked him to sign directly over his face as a joke. He laughed and signed it anyway, going on to mention JBL was apparently having a tough day. He was very nice, polite and even asked me questions about myself. We stood chatting to him for a good ten minutes with him never once trying to kill the conversation and walk away. Big show was nice enough when the cameras were out for photographs, but between pictures he had a face like thunder.

I met Foley at a show my friend worked years ago and he was incredibly nice, even doing a comedic plug for my band on a video.

Interestingly enough, later that night I had a pish standing next to Carlito while Stone Cold was doing a shite in the cubicle behind me.

Doesn't Ken Doane blame Cena for his firing too? I think Doane used to date Mickie James and then that beef happened (apparently) between Mickie and Cena and it all ended with both Mickie and Kenny being shit-canned. He claims he was dating Mickie and Cena started seeing her. Doane was moved to SD and jobbed then released and she was fired a little after that.

-edit-

Seems partly bollocks at least as Mickie was there for over a year after Doane was canned!

• Paid Members

Cena's an easy target for shitarses like Tyler Reks and Kenny Spirit Squad, though. Gets them on the news wires for a bit, might get them a shoot with Feinstein.

• Paid Members
It is strange that he was that bothered about it. Someone mentioned Cena signing a CM Punk shirt as an example - does anyone reckon that in that scenario, Cena would refuse to sign it? I can only imagine he'd make some joke about the situation and then oblige.

Depends who it is. If you are a John Cena or a Hogan someone who likes to give off a good vibe at autograph session they'll sign anything and chat away to you. Anytime I've seen a Hulk Hogan autograph session, he'd getting people in headlocks and doing the 2 Sweet sign and all sorts of shite. As a master worker (or even someone with low self esteem who wants the love back from the supporters), he'll not be a dick to fans. The Hurricane of all people said Hogan and Savage told him in WCW "people don't pay to see what you look like at home". That's why you always used to see Hogan and Savage wearing the weight lifting belts and the bandanas and the spandex pants when they did press pieces and autograph sessions. Whenever you see them, they are in gimmick. Even when he was fucking that bird on camera, he had the hair extensions in. Its all about making the fans believe in the person, so they'd never be a dick to a fan. The old school mentality is that when you are greeted by a fan you are on the clock. So Cena would never refuse to sign a CM Punk or a TL Hopper shirt. AJ Styles on the other hand probably alienated a fan who might have bought a 8x10 of him or a t-shirt at his next appearance. There's no excuse to be a prick to a wrestling fan. They are all potential customers. That early-to-mid 2000s TNA/ROH/indy lot all seem to be like this though. You hear all kinds about Austin Aries, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, CM Punk, Low Ki, Colt Cabana and those lot being utter knobs.

Doesn't Ken Doane blame Cena for his firing too? I think Doane used to date Mickie James and then that beef happened (apparently) between Mickie and Cena and it all ended with both Mickie and Kenny being shit-canned. He claims he was dating Mickie and Cena started seeing her. Doane was moved to SD and jobbed then released and she was fired a little after that.

-edit-

Seems partly bollocks at least as Mickie was there for over a year after Doane was canned!

Kenny's version of events might be slightly different to what you've got there -- Cena and Mickie started shagging, so Kenny got sent on the first train to losersville. Mickie herself was alright until Cena nipped it in the bud and she went psycho.

I think Kenny really got the sack for being a knob, though. During that great Randy Orton interview in Powerslam, he told a story of how he had enough of Kenny and just knocked him out one night

I have been in the surreal position of being with 3 guys that were on the Smackdown brand at the same time as Cena in the early to mid naughties when Cena was escalating through the ranks while they discussed him.

Ultimately none of them felt they knew the guy at all, even though they regularly interacted on lots of shows. Essentially he'd be all over the fans, but wouldn't hang with the guys, pretty much staying in his hotel room.

That said, I think once he became a RAW guy he ended up boozing at the hotel bar with Flair and getting involved in ribs etc. I'm sure some guys wish he'd stayed in his hotel room.

Archived