Movies that make your balls swell (sorry ladies)

John Matrix

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Con Air is a brilliant film. It's got everything you would want from that kind of film but its fantastic cast really elevates it. MC Gainey's Swamp Thing is my favourite but I love everyone in it. Colm Meaney is great as well.

• Paid Members

Con Air is indeed excellent, how did none of you mention the hilarious scene where Steve Buscemi's character is introduced. Cage looks like he borrowed El Gigante's muscle suit for the film but it's still great, such a random collection of characters like Bubba from Forrest Gump. It's great when Colm Meaney pops up in 90's action films, he's in Under Siege aswell.

• Paid Members

The Rock just about shades it for me because Connery is that good, one of the few films he made in the 90's where he seems to be enjoying himself and giving his all, he looked swish with long hair too. Not to steal Steve Jobs gimmick but Cage was absolutely great for most of the 90's.

MC Gainey's Swamp Thing is my favourite

Plus, he's the one bad guy who doesn't die. He's not even really a bad guy, just doing what he's told.Colm Meaney is great at playing an utter bastard.I do think The Rock edges it though. I doesn't quite have the ensemble cast of Con Air, but it's practically Connery's best film and would have made a perfect coda to Bond if they'd decided to wrap up the franchise.

• Moderators

Colm Meaney is in fucking everything. There was some pilot for a Western series off AMC on ITV4 on Saturday night and he turned up in that as well.EDIT: Hell on Wheels, it was called.

Chest recommended that, and I watched the first series. Slow, but good - looking forward to S2 when I get round to it. Meaney is a real meany in it as well.

• Paid Members

Not to steal Steve Jobs gimmick but Cage was absolutely great for most of the 90's.

It's not stealing my gimmick, it's just stating a fact. I still love New Nic Cage films (season of the witch is a waaay underrated film) but there's no denying he had a few killer years in the 90s, a great man at the top of his game.

I finally got round to watching Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans on the weekend.

Fucking hell. Even everything that's been said about it didn't prepare me for the insanity. It's quite brilliant, Cage is brilliant, and the iguana scene had Mrs Loki and I jumping off the sofa with amazement at the crazy levels.

I'm generally absolutely against remakes, but that was fantastic and in no way detracts from the original, which is also worthy but in a completely different way.

Archived