Movies that make your balls swell (sorry ladies)

John Matrix

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Last Boy Scout is fantastic. 'BOM' still makes me laugh my arse off.

I'm wondering if I've actually seen it now.

Ok, I've got an evening to myself tonight, so I'm going to track down one of these on Netflix / Youtube to watch. Last Boy Scout, Trespass or Surviving The Game.

Yeah, add my name to those nominating both Prime Cut and Point Blank to the list of manly films that should be seen. Those hard-nosed, no-bullshit Lee Marvin 70s thrillers are cracking.

I watched that Youtube link to The Last Stand yesterday too - nice work, I enjoyed it a lot.

• Paid Members
Yeah, add my name to those nominating both Prime Cut and Point Blank to the list of manly films that should be seen. Those hard-nosed, no-bullshit Lee Marvin 70s thrillers are cracking.

A few others from the 1970s I watched recently were:-

* Sitting Target, which is a British gangster thriller with Oliver Reed and Ian McShane. Most of you lot on here would love that.

* The Seven Ups, which Chest won't like because he's a cottager who doesn't like car chases.

* Freebie And The Bean, an early buddy cop film with James Caan and Alan Arkin that is as funny as fuck.

A few others from the 1970s I watched recently were:-

* Sitting Target, which is a British gangster thriller with Oliver Reed and Ian McShane. Most of you lot on here would love that.

* The Seven Ups, which Chest won't like because he's a cottager who doesn't like car chases.

* Freebie And The Bean, an early buddy cop film with James Caan and Alan Arkin that is as funny as fuck.

Sitting Target looks like the one I'll hit first. Olly Reed, Al Swearengen and The Equalizer: I'm fucking there!

Has anyone seen Lawman, it's a 1971 Michael Winner film that my Dad said was a "surprisingly good western thriller" and my old man has great taste. He put me on to the Lee Marvin films listed above. It's from a few years before Death Wish - which probably doesn't belong in this thread as the first one is a bit too sensible. By Death Wish 4 however, it's totally balls-to-the-wall macho shit and totally belongs in here.

• Paid Members

Throw me in the Hudson Hawk love pool. One of my fave movies ever. I was hooked on that, Navy Seals and Heathers as a kid. I always associate each with the other.

Hudson Hawk, I reckon to this day, I could quote from start to finish...fantastic stuff, and wonderful turns from Richard E Grant and Sandra Bernhard that I really only appreciated when I got older.

And I'm going to say it, I love Point Blank,I love Lee Marvin, but I think Payback is a more enjoyable movie.

The kidney shots that Gibbo delivers to Freddy Rodriguez are just awe inspiring.

The Last Boy Scout is fantastic. 'BOM' still makes me laugh my arse off.

I'm wondering if I've actually seen it now.

Ok, I've got an evening to myself tonight, so I'm going to track down one of these on Netflix / Youtube to watch. Last Boy Scout, Trespass or Surviving The Game.

The Last Boy Scout is on Sky Action tomorrow and its great. Shane Black wrote the script and I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say Willis is as good at cracking wise in it as he is in any of the Die Hards.

In fact browsing through Sky Action and tonight alone we've got Killer Elite and the first two Transporter films but better than that is tomorrow we have a slightly softer ball swelling watch, Over the Top with Sly Stallone who arm wrestles for his kid and turns his hat backwards to show he means business.

• Paid Members
tomorrow we have a slightly softer ball swelling watch, Over the Top with Sly Stallone who arm wrestles for his kid and turns his hat backwards to show he means business.

BUMS. Anyone know the name of the song that plays over the tournament montage? Where the chorus is just some power rock singer yelling WIN if memory serves me correctly. Need to add it to my gym playlist.

tomorrow we have a slightly softer ball swelling watch, Over the Top with Sly Stallone who arm wrestles for his kid and turns his hat backwards to show he means business.

BUMS. Anyone know the name of the song that plays over the tournament montage? Where the chorus is just some power rock singer yelling WIN if memory serves me correctly. Need to add it to my gym playlist.

Having not seen it in years, Winner Takes it All- Sammy Hagar? Either that or will probably be Frank Stallone

Navy Seals - definitely a teenage hormone-surging film that, all guns and bro-love. I remember rushing out to buy the Spectrum game off the back of it. Although I'd have been 13, so I'm not sure how I saw the film, probably a stolen VHS at a mate's house.

• Paid Members
Navy Seals - definitely a teenage hormone-surging film that, all guns and bro-love. I remember rushing out to buy the Spectrum game off the back of it. Although I'd have been 13, so I'm not sure how I saw the film, probably a stolen VHS at a mate's house.

It's a great movie. The final third is brilliant. The backarse and alleys of Beirut and the bullets going through the water. A very underrated flick. Plus, I remember the trailer for Hudson Hawk was on the VHS and vice versa.

I had the Navy Seals game on the C64. Was so advanced for it's time. You could swing off the ledges!

• Paid Members
Wasnt sure which film you mean, so IMDB'd it, is that a Donnie Yen movie? I'm way out of touch with HK cinema these days, but if so, then i need to try and get hold of it.

That's it. I'd post the trailer but its one of those that gives the entire story away. Worth the watch.

Archived