...It's Arrested Development

Chest Rockwell

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this is obvious, but I never really thought about it before. Winkler was in Happy Days with Ron Howard, and the two are close friends, hence him being in this series I suppose. He's godfather to one of Ron Howard's daughters.

So I guess his son is a friend of the family as well.

• Moderators

I watched the (first?) Gob episode last night. Really enjoyed it, for the episode itself and how some of all the strands are starting to come together. Found myself singing the song in the car this morning, too..

get away Getaway, stay away Getaway! :music:

• Paid Members
I know this is obvious, but I never really thought about it before. Winkler was in Happy Days with Ron Howard, and the two are close friends, hence him being in this series I suppose. He's godfather to one of Ron Howard's daughters.

So I guess his son is a friend of the family as well.

Scott Baio aka Bob Loblaw was Chachi in Happy Days aswell, there's lots of little Happy Days jokes sprinkled through the series like Winkler jumping the shark, combing his hair in the toilet mirror etc and references to other stuff Howard has done like The Andy Griffith show when that PR woman Michael hires hilariously calls George Michael "Opie", Howard's character on that show.

I never really understood all the Andy Griffith in-jokes as I basically have no idea who he is. I did notice Barry refer to the doorknob as a Chachi though in one of the new episodes.

• Paid Members

Suppose it's just one of those American pop culture jokes that just go over our heads, like 50% of all jokes ever made on The Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Griffith was a hugely popular tv star in the U.S with The Andy Griffith Show and Matlock and I think he was just seen as some kindly old grandad figure over there until he died last year.

• Paid Members
Scott Baio aka Bob Loblaw was Chachi in Happy Days aswell, there's lots of little Happy Days jokes sprinkled through the series like Winkler jumping the shark, combing his hair in the toilet mirror etc and references to other stuff Howard has done like The Andy Griffith show when that PR woman Michael hires hilariously calls George Michael "Opie", Howard's character on that show.

"Look, this is not the first time I've been brought in to replace Barry Zuckerkorn. I think I can do for you everything he did. Plus, skew younger."

:laugh:

One of my favourite in-jokes that they make the most out of. Along with Michael saying to Nelly "Marry me!.... it's weird on so many levels."

I've just started watching the new episodes, and I'm onto Lindsay's. I thought people were exaggerating about her looking so different, but bloody hell... It's stark. I've seen suggestion online that she was made up to look like she'd had a load of work done as her predilection for plastic surgery has been referenced on the show before, but nah. Some of those scenes are set directly after the end of season three... Which itself was an odd decision, really. Some of them look the same, but Bateman's noticeably aged a lot in those six or seven years, and Lindsay's transformation from boat to police station is just weird.

• Paid Members

It's weird, once she cuts her hair she starts looking more herself again, which is particularly bizarre.

I think Cera is the weirdest change on those straight post season 3 scenes, myself

• Paid Members

Cera looks like a vulture. My girlfriend thought he was adorable in Superbad and would probably grow like something akin to that of Patrick Dempsey, but how wrong she was.

I forsee a career of him making up the guest cast on Criminal Minds, CSI Vegas or Miami - I don't care which - for the next while, until he lands some autistic role for which he's lauded, but at the moment, I just think he's lost his spark.

Plus, there's always Jesse Eisenberg.

• Paid Members
It's weird, once she cuts her hair she starts looking more herself again, which is particularly bizarre.

I think Cera is the weirdest change on those straight post season 3 scenes, myself

I don

Archived