...It's Arrested Development

Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
I'm feeling the same way at three episodes in, and it's a relief to see my feelings are the same as others' on it. Plenty of time for it to pick up, but at present it's feeling a little disjointed.

Also, has Portia de Rossi had surgery done? I can't figure out what, but she doesn't look right...

Portia de Rossi looks ill throughout. It's very off-putting. Her episodes are also awful.

There's waaaay too many celebrity cameos in it too. It's like anyone who wanted a bit part in it was given one.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

It's especially jarring when intermingled with the season 3 footage. I think it's mainly her forehead that's different, but at times, yes, you're right, she's like a different person, it's quite sad she felt the need to do that to herself.

Anyway, I have now rewatched the three episodes I've already seen (with company this time) and they're better second time. I've warmed to Michael's episode particularly, my impression has much improved from its initial one.

• Paid Members
It's especially jarring when intermingled with the season 3 footage. I think it's mainly her forehead that's different, but at times, yes, you're right, she's like a different person, it's quite sad she felt the need to do that to herself.

Yeah, she wasn’t an unattractive woman. I find it’s her eyes and mouth that are a totally different shape. Obviously a bit of skin’s been pulled somewhere. I hope Ellen DeGeneres isn’t one for ear nibbling otherwise she’s going to undo a couple of grand’s worth of work.

• Paid Members

I'm trying to avoid spoilers as Iv'e only seen the first few so apologies if it's already been mentioned, but what on earth has happened to Portia De Rossi? I know she's had problems with anorexia but her face looks completely different.

• Moderators
I'm trying to avoid spoilers as Iv'e only seen the first few so apologies if it's already been mentioned, but what on earth has happened to Portia De Rossi? I know she's had problems with anorexia but her face looks completely different.

Just regular shitty Hollywood botox n' fillers.

article-2330151-19F83E27000005DC-503_634x793.jpg

• Paid Members

She actually looks like herself in that picture though, in this episode i'm watching she looks like she went on one of those MTV I want to look like a celeb plastic surgery shows and asked to be made into Christine Taylor.

Here for example doesn't look much like the picture above to me.

Arrested-Development.jpg

• Paid Members

Iv'e seen them all now and I see others wondered about Portia's face, I thought it was excellent and fufilled all my expectations, alot of the criticism I see is aimed at the episode per character arc but that was announced months ago so anyone who went in expecting the same as the last season was obviously well off. My main gripe was Seth Rogen playing George Sr. but I actually thought Wigg did a great job as young Lucille. Iv'e loved this show for years and was just so delighted by the new series and how it all came together and the stories wove in and out of each other. I think another season as Hurwitz hinted at would be the best way for the show to go and even a 6 episode or so ensemble attempt would be great but their schedules are unlikely to intertwine again. Overall iv'e loved the new series and hope it's not the last I see of Arrested.

• Moderators

What a bunch of bitches you are, sitting and gabbing about Portia's face as if it has any bearing on anything.

Anyway. I'm tentatively enjoying this, but still waiting and reserving proper judgement until I've watched them all, mostly because I want it to better than it has been so far but there have been a few brilliant moments. The first episode was a slow starter, but Michael working out the different permutations of the vote had me creasing.

That Mitch Hurwitz Rolling Stone interview really managed my expectations because it sounds like it was a massive fucking ballache to get this made so I haven't been hugely let down.

Solo - speaking of the young George and Lucille bits; young Barry is brilliant and steals those scenes.

Young Barry IS great.

Episode 4 was a big step up in quality for me, so perhaps the series is just finding its feet slowly.

• Paid Members

It takes a while to get going but like Rockwell said once you know what to expect you can get into it more and then it's on to more Arrested goodness, I didn't know what to think of the first episode especially with Michael ending up in the gutter but it all ties together beautifully in the end. Yeah young Barry is great and was one of my many great callbacks to the earlier stuff, I remember thinking he looked nothing like Winkler and it turns out he's his son!

• Paid Members
Played by Winkler's actual son as well.

Now that you mention it, I think I read that somewhere.

I remember thinking he looked nothing like Winkler and it turns out he's his son!

That was it.

Archived