...It's Arrested Development

Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

I don't think it gets explained HG but during one of Micheal's episodes doesn't it show a brief clip of them on the boat then Ron Howard says something like "yes, they went back. Again"

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator
It does get explained.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

In that scene - George Snr was stowed away on the boat if you remember; he made Michael turn back because he thought Lucille would flip on him

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Oh, was that bit with George Snr on the boat? I'd always thought that was once they arrived at Cabo.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Steve Holt got old.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

And fat. STEVE HOLT!

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

They actually put a bald cap and a wig on top of his normal hair to make him look older than he actually does.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

Apparently the rating news is pretty good http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/1789...-viewership.htm thought I don't understand why critics reaction has been lukewarm at best, I imagine many don't like the new format or wern't so hot on the show in the first place. I hope the success it's brought to Netflix brings a new season as I just don't see a movie being a good way for it to move forward, but if it's the only option i'll take it.

• Awards Moderator
It does get explained.

In that scene - George Snr was stowed away on the boat if you remember; he made Michael turn back because he thought Lucille would flip on him

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Just watched the Gob episode again and you're right.

You can just see Michael enter the police station with George Michael at the start of the episode.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Also, on my other possibly spoilery point,

I got it this time round that they were trying to give Steve his day's hairline...

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Did anyone else find the timeline confusing? I watched all of the new episodes under the influence of co-codamol but...

Some of the events happen directly after the end of season three, and some are happening five years later. But nothing seemed to imply the passage of years other than the montage of George Michael's college reinventions. Everything else felt like it played out over weeks rather than years. Like Lucille 1 gets arrested, then these other things happen one after another, now it's five years later and this is Herbert Love. Was Tobias with the smackhead woman for a few years? Same with Lynsey and the face-blind hippie? Gob with Anne?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished season four and loved it. I think my main gripe with each character having their own episodes would be that as great as Lindsey and George Sr are, the characters weren't intended to be leads and I found their episodes to drag somewhat. By about episode five it really picked up. I'd have to say GOB stole the season as Getaway, his relationship with Anne, scenes with Steve Holt and story with Ben Stiller. I hope this isn't the end of AD, but if it does make a return the full ensemble is a must. It'd almost feel like a real return of the show too what with this season having a different twist.

Archived