Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

• Paid Members

Last night's show left me fairly optimistic we'll get a sex scene between Brienne and that big hairy ginger wildling. 

Yes. All it took was one, brief look and he thought "She could be my bear". And then they will fuck like massive bears.

Is Aiden Gillen at peak Irish accent now? His transformation seems complete. Although I can barely tell anymore. He just sounds like John Boy, the character he plays from the Irish gangland drama Love/Hate now. Totally laissez-faire.

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members

Is Aiden Gillen at peak Irish accent now?

I think his accent has gone backwards, his Irish accent was stronger and more 'snarling' last season. At some points last night he seriously sounded English again. So very strange.

• Paid Members

There was an interview with Aiden Gillien once where they brought up his changing accent and he was completely surprised and baffled by the question. He doesn't even seem aware of it. I get the impression he's doing it for the pay day and isn't really a fan of the show which is fair enough I suppose.

• Paid Members

Aiden Gillen's accent wanders around like a tramp on meths.

The look on Ramsey's face when Osha asked if he ate the people after he flayed them was priceless. He looked surprised, which is unusual for him. The way he went back to peeling his apple after he stabbed her was exactly what you would expect from him.

• Awards Moderator

Have they ever explained any of the accents anyway? It's all random. The Stark boys are northern, the Stark girls aren't. Mark Addy was northern but his brothers weren't. Davos is from King's Landing and he's a Geordie.

In-universe they haven't. The real reason is that Sean Bean can only speak in a Sheffield accent so all the boys followed suit. The girls couldn't do the accent.

Have they ever explained any of the accents anyway? It's all random. The Stark boys are northern, the Stark girls aren't. Mark Addy was northern but his brothers weren't. Davos is from King's Landing and he's a Geordie.

When first started watching it, the wife and I came to the conclusion that Westeross was actually just the British isles and everyone lived along the M62 corridor. Winterfell being very much in the vein of Sheffield with Ned Stark being a typical Yorkshireman not wanting to leave to go down south to King's Landing/London via The Kingsroad/M1, The Erie off to the east below the river a bit like Scunthorpe or Grimsby, while The Wall represented the England-Scotland boarder, south of the wall being lush and green while Scotland/North of the wall is freezing cold, grim and full of red headed savages.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

When first started watching it, the wife and I came to the conclusion that Westeross was actually just the British isles and everyone lived along the M62 corridor. Winterfell being very much in the vein of Sheffield with Ned Stark being a typical Yorkshireman not wanting to leave to go down south to King's Landing/London via The Kingsroad/M1, The Erie off to the east below the river a bit like Scunthorpe or Grimsby, while The Wall represented the England-Scotland boarder, south of the wall being lush and green while Scotland/North of the wall is freezing cold, grim and full of red headed savages.

Yeah, sounds about right. It's even a similar shape to mainland UK when flipped horizontal. And London in roughly the same spot as Kinds Landing. And the wall has to be the border. And then the rest of Europe is across the narrow sea, with their different languages.

Edited by herbie747

Last night's show left me fairly optimistic we'll get a sex scene between Brienne and that big hairy ginger wildling. 

If she's not the daddy in that scene, I'm not watching anymore.

After Brienne, by my reckoning, we only need a look at Aria and Old Nan's clouts for a GOT full house. Come on writers!