Jump to content

Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)


Recommended Posts

Posted

I saw a fucking fantastic fan theory that suggests Bran's pissing about with time could be the catalyst for the whole war that kicked everything off.

 

It even suggested that after believing his dad could hear him, he tries to influence with the Mad King (before he was mad) only the King could only sense presences, and hear whispers, thus actually sending him mad in the first place.

Posted

 

 

I'm sure the book wankers will know.

 

Yeah, I don't particularly care. The show is generally good at reminding you who someone is if it becomes plot-relevant.

It was Ser Arthur Dayne and Ser Oswald Whent. Them defending the tower whilst their King and Prince were being killed elsewhere is a big deal. Means something important was being kept in the tower.
  • Moderators
Posted

I saw a fucking fantastic fan theory that suggests Bran's pissing about with time could be the catalyst for the whole war that kicked everything off.

 

It even suggested that after believing his dad could hear him, he tries to influence with the Mad King (before he was mad) only the King could only sense presences, and hear whispers, thus actually sending him mad in the first place.

Ugh.. If this show goes time travel I'm done with it.

Posted

I think ned "hearing" him to tease he can interact, is teasing to the shot in the preview for the season with the wite king more than anything to do with starting a war

  • Paid Members
Posted

Oh Ramsey, you cad. Imagine the fun he'll have with a Stark boy to torment.

 

I saw a fucking fantastic fan theory that suggests Bran's pissing about with time could be the catalyst for the whole war that kicked everything off.

Ugh.. If this show goes time travel I'm done with it.

Yeah that was my initial thought when I read that. Fuck that JJ Abrams-type shit.

 

Is the ability to hold a presence with influence in the past any worse than the sorcery, foresight into the future and the ability to influence the future (Stannis & Meli's leeches) that they've already done?

  • Paid Members
Posted

Eh, guess I'm more "in for a penny, in for a pound" when it comes to impossible bollocks. Being raised a Trekkie will do that to you.

  • Moderators
Posted

I think that's the problem for me. Influencing future outcomes with magic is very much in the realm of fantasy.. But once you start messing with the past and creating time paradoxes it's getting too into sci fi territory for me, however it's dressed up.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Is the ability to hold a presence with influence in the past any worse than the sorcery, foresight into the future and the ability to influence the future (Stannis & Meli's leeches) that they've already done?

To be honest, I'm not arsed with that hokey shite either. I just want badass knights knocking seven bells out of each other.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Bran would have to fuck with the mad king alot to send him mad.

 

So unless he makes it a nightly thing to go see him and talk to him about....not going mad? i dont see it.

Posted

If there is going to be 8 series then we are near the amount of episodes in a normal whole series (22-26 episodes).

Sorry, don't understand this at all? So far including series 6 will be 60 episodes. Series 7 & 8 currently rumored to be shorter in terms of numbers of episodes, but I imagine this is a plush to get more money from hbo to stick with usual 10 a year

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...