Jump to content

Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

The return of John Snow should be interesting. The Night Watch oath presumably no longer applies to him as you serve until death, so we shall see where this leads.

I hadn't thought of this.

 

I did love how they teased the fans with Jon Snow. For example last week they bought the red woman to see him straight away, they make a mention this week about burning his body. Think there were a few more also (which I won't go into detail in case not everybody knows the theories around him). I just love how they dangled the carrot with him, pretty every scene with his body somehow alluded to popular fan theories, it was very well written I thought.

Edited by theringmaster
Posted

Cool thanks. It's hard to keep up sometimes.

its ALWAYS hard to keep up.lol. 'Previously on' wouldn't go a miss, especially for us fans who have only seen every episode once and that was when it first aired on tv.

That is one thing I have wondered about GOT, is there much rewatchablity  factor? I loved 24 and Lost but when I went back to rewatch I found it boring as hell second time round

 

  • Moderators
Posted

I have seen the first few seasons twice, as I rewatched them with my wife as she had never seen them. I really enjoyed it a second time around as I there's so much going on you pick up a lot more the second time around, as you know the characters better and you know what's coming. So I would say they're worth a rewatch once.

Posted

 

Cool thanks. It's hard to keep up sometimes.

its ALWAYS hard to keep up.lol. 'Previously on' wouldn't go a miss, especially for us fans who have only seen every episode once and that was when it first aired on tv.

 

 

You didn't watch the 12 Days of Thrones Xmas 2014?

 

SHAME!

  • Paid Members
Posted

There's a Wiki dedicated to the show (and the books) that has an episode guide each week. The cool thing is that they give background to things by saying what's been explained in the books and referencing past episodes, without spoiling anything that hasn't been shown on TV, if that makes sense.

Posted

I have watched from the first series up to present series every year. Each year I pick up more from early episodes

  • Moderators
Posted

There's a Wiki dedicated to the show (and the books) that has an episode guide each week. The cool thing is that they give background to things by saying what's been explained in the books and referencing past episodes, without spoiling anything that hasn't been shown on TV, if that makes sense.

That sounds great if you don't know any book wankers, but need someone to blather at you about all the bits that you couldn't possibly understand or appreciate like they do.

  • Paid Members
Posted

What, no love for the Bran's flashback sequence?

 

I found seeing a young Ned and his family exceptionally interesting and can not wait to see where they go with it, hoping for a Jon Snow's parents reveal.

 

Hodor could talk! What the fuck went wrong there then?

 

Top episode, the Mountain is definitely going to be built as this unstoppable machine only for Arya to fuck him up with blind ninja skills and scratch another one off her list.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I'm still hoping, despite it being incredibly unlikely, as we never saw The Hound die that we might get him making a surprise return to take on the zombie Mountain. Feel a bit cheated that we never got that face-off properly.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Ah. The rest of the episode was so interesting I had forgotten completely that Bran was in it, the little turd.

"Little" turd? He's gone from being a small child to looking like a founding member of Oasis in a couple of years.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I'm guessing "Hodor" is a corruption of something that sent him doolally. Like he was told to "hold the door" to his room while the rest of his family were butchered. Or something similarly GRRM.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...