Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

Maybe the secret was so important that Ned had to have Catelyn think he was a slag rather than the truth coming out and his family being put at risk?

I wonder if Ned's brother knew anything about what went on. And if Jon might finally find him when he's up north with Tormund recruiting wildlings.

Well, I say 'finally'... they kind of gave up looking for Ned's brother a few series ago...

Ha I forgot about Ned's brother but to be fair that was ages ago and I've already forgotten about Bran and that magic tree.

And I dunno if everyone has forgotten about Rickon and Osha but I think the writers are gonna be really lazy and BOOK SPOILER 

Have them as the Winterfell Ghosts

And lastly Barristan being killed just so FUCKING GREY WORM and Missandai can have a romance is bollox!! 

This is thread is for the TV show only. Yes there's been lots of changes from the books but so what? Leave this type of stuff for the other book nerd thread.

Here it is: https://ukff.com/topic/130068-game-of-thrones-book-thread/page-41

Apologies I forgot there was a book thread. Hope nothing was spoiled for anyone  :/

• Paid Members

I really enjoyed the final scene(s) this week, loved the fact they sailed through Valyria, I honestly thought they'd never go near the place. Tyrion's face of astonishment when he saw Drogon, followed by an out-of-focus Stone Man in the background dropping into the water was a brilliant moment.

• Paid Members

And I dunno if everyone has forgotten about Rickon and Osha but I think the writers are gonna be really lazy and BOOK SPOILER

Have them as the Winterfell Ghosts

And lastly Barristan being killed just so FUCKING GREY WORM and Missandai can have a romance is bollox!!

This is thread is for the TV show only. Yes there's been lots of changes from the books but so what? Leave this type of stuff for the other book nerd thread.

Here it is: https://ukff.com/topic/130068-game-of-thrones-book-thread/page-41

Apologies I forgot there was a book thread. Hope nothing was spoiled for anyone :/

No worries. Just keeps the thread from loads of spoiler tags and people accidentally stumbling on something they don't want to see.

I can't wait for Jon Snow to go to Hardhome. You know some crazy possible White Walker shit is going to go down.

• Paid Members

I think they've spent a fuck load of money on Jon going to Hardhome, that's the impression I got watching the features on Sky just before the series started. Could be this season's big budget episode. Can't wait.

• Paid Members

Ramsay Bolton was quality in that episode. The dinner table scene where he paraded Reek to Sansa was tense as fuck. Lord Bolton's talk of how Ramsay was conceived was very good also.

• Awards Moderator

My thoughts this week:

1) ADEBISI LIVES.

2) Loved the Dorne scenes. Bronn continues to have the best lines - his "oh, for fuck's sake" this week was excellent.

3) MR EKO.

4) Arya's storyline just feels really dull and pointless. Not a fan at all.

5) ADEWALE.

6) I'm worried for House Tyrell, they seem fucked. Glad to have the Queen of Thorns back, hoping Cersei's got a comeuppance coming up.

7) AKINNUOYE.

8) Ramsay's an evil bastard. Bordering on Joffrey levels of twattitude.

9) AGBAJE.

(I didn't know he was going to be in it)

• Paid Members

Bronn cut by a Dornish blade? Didn't end well for the Mountain.

That last scene was very uncomfortable viewing, they really know how to make you hate the bad guys, will be good seeing Theon/Reek get his inevitable revenge on Ramsay.

Cersei going to war with Olenna should be brilliant, genuinely lolled at couple of Olenna's lines. You need that bit of comedy in there with the amount of sick shit going on.

More convinced than ever that the Hound is still alive after Arya's scene with Jaqen H'ghar. It's weird cause just about every cast member said in interviews before this season that Arya's story was the best but we're more than halfway through the season and it's been Bran levels of boring so far, hope it picks up soon cause I'm losing interest in her character quite rapidly.

• Paid Members

Half way though and i hate to say it but im bored.

Nothing is happening of any note at all. 

Arya being the worst of the worst, i really couldn't care less about her story its just so dull, 

I had high hopes for Sansa learning to be like little finger and playing the boltons like fools until the time was right to take back her home. alas she went right back into being abused weak and useless.

brienne of tarth is the single worst knight that ever lived, everyone she was supposed to watch over is 

1. Dead

2. Being abused 

Now the death blow for poor old Pod, she likes him......He will beheaded within 3 eps. 

Is the hound alive? we can only hope. I still dont see it he was royally fucked up when faceless wanna be left him to die, No one else was around and even if they where could they have dragged him somewhere to treat his wounds?

Edited by quote the raven

I've had a theory ever since the hound was left for dead that he would have been found by the brotherhood without banners who we haven't seen for a long time now and that perhaps the bet victor guy who brought their leader back to life may work some magic on the hound possibly in return for him joining their cause.