Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

I think Pedro Pascal's been great as Oberyn. I was almost disappointed to see how good he was in the role, knowing he wasn't going to be around long. His fighting style was cool as fuck too, very 'Vega from Streetfighter 2'. A wonderfully gory ending, though. The Mountain is such a cunt, but a great villain.

Speaking of which, I've said this before, but I love the Boltons. They've been used sparingly this season, but their scenes are always ace, especially the ones with the two of them together.

• Paid Members

Dear lord that was harsh.

I was slighty upset at the ease he was taken apart, but boy he made up for it.

Brutal.

On another note, are they really heading down the "infected wound" kills the hound? i do hope not, that will be a sad day if he just falls asleep in a field and dies.

Always thought he would die killing the mountain, or maybe end up at castle black and die killing white walkers.

• Paid Members

That were good. "Some dead man" indeed. A room full of delight at Arya's reaction to The Hound realizing he wasn't getting his ransom from poor dead Lysa too.

One question... was that final scene with Baelish and Sansa designed to imply that he'd fucked her?? Because that's how it came across to me.

• Paid Members

Bloody hell I knew what was coming but it was even more brutal than I imagined it would be. Wish the fight had gone a bit longer though.

That final scene with Sansa was bloody weird. Wearing all black and weird feathers on her shoulders...I'm not quite sure what they were going for. Does she want to fuck Petyr now or is she just going along with his scheming for her own ends? Great episode overall though. I could do without the Missandei/Grey Worm romance but then we did get to see Missandei in the buff and it was fucking spectacular so I guess it evened out the clunky story telling.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Can someone fill me in as to who the Boltons are? I really have no idea how they fit into anything. AFAIK, they just appeared after that guy kidnapped & tortured Theon.

• Paid Members

Roose Bolton was actually in season 2. He was one of Robb Stark's men. The Boltons were the second biggest house in the North and the Stark's were their liege lords. But Roose betrayed Robb at the Red Wedding in return for the Lannisters naming him the new ruler of the North.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
Can someone fill me in as to who the Boltons are? I really have no idea how they fit into anything. AFAIK, they just appeared after that guy kidnapped & tortured Theon.

Roose Bolton used to be one of Ned Stark's liegemen, marries his way into influence (with the Freys - the people who hosted the Red Wedding), and eventually sides with the Lannisters during A Storm of Swords (Season 3ish). He's always was on the outskirts, plotting. He gets control of Harrenhal and builds from there. There's a whole thing with Jaime Lannister/the losing of his hand/the Lannisters send their regards that was sort of skipped during Season 3, but it's not all that relevant.

Ramsay Snow is his bastard son, sadist etc. He's the one who kidnaps and tortures Theon. He just wants to be respected by his dad, hence the scene during the latest episode.