Sky up's the price on Mania! More

JMarshFan

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be argued that the cable company don't charge extra to receive the channels WWE broadcast on in the US, whereas even if you have regular Sky here, you have to pay for Sky Sports to get WWE.

It shouldn't be argued though, because that's fairly weak.

• Moderators

Don't think so, as I'm pretty sure it's Sky who make the decision to put WWE on Sky Sports, nothing to do with WWE. I've always been under the impression that WWE just have to give Sky so many hours a week. If Sky decide to put that on Sky One, Sky Sports, or even UK Living, it's up to them. May well be wrong, but that's what makes sense to me. If anything I'd argue WWE are far happier when Sky One shows one free smackdown a month before a PPV (if they even take any notice) as there's more eyes on it.

Anyways, basic cable on DirecTV is still about

• Moderators

That's crazy talk.

Even at my least wrestling watchingest I'd still watch Wrestlemania and The Rumble unspolied definitely, and preferably live even if they're the only wrestling I watch at all in the whole year.

I know people use the "why are you even a fan?" argument a lot, but seriously, if you don't care about Wrestlemania.....

Could be argued that the cable company don't charge extra to receive the channels WWE broadcast on in the US, whereas even if you have regular Sky here, you have to pay for Sky Sports to get WWE.

It shouldn't be argued though, because that's fairly weak.

Actually it's a decent point. Look at how well TNA are doing here being on free TV. As someone has said I'm sure WWE love when a episode of Smackdown air's on Sky One just for a PPV because more eye's are on it. By the way is that

• Paid Members
My cinema is in no way, shape or form more comfortable than my house.

This many time over.

The screen at the cinema is too big for me to be able to actually watch properly, I can't sit around in my pants drinking scotch while I watch and I'm surrounded by smelly arseholes rather than a select group of mates. You can pause of sky plus now can't you, if you need a shit mid way through or whatever, none of that at the pictures. The seats in my house don't make my arse numb after 45 minutes either.

Fuck the cinema, and people who bitch about a small rise in the price of mania of all things don't realise just how good we have had it for so long on the WWE PPV front by all accounts.

• Paid Members
The seats in my house don't make my arse numb after 45 minutes either.

Absolutely. I don't go to the cinema often, but when I do I'm in crippling agony by the time I leave.

I'd suggest a new sofa, fallenangel.

• Paid Members
people who bitch about a small rise in the price of mania of all things don't realise just how good we have had it for so long on the WWE PPV front by all accounts.

Oh come on now. Just because the US are getting charged much more than us doesn't somehow make us lucky folks getting a bargain. Yeah, we're willing to pay it and all, but try going up to a normal person who doesn't follow wrestling and explaining that we're fortunate because we only have to pay

• Paid Members
people who bitch about a small rise in the price of mania of all things don't realise just how good we have had it for so long on the WWE PPV front by all accounts.

Oh come on now. Just because the US are getting charged much more than us doesn't somehow make us lucky folks getting a bargain. Yeah, we're willing to pay it and all, but try going up to a normal person who doesn't follow wrestling and explaining that we're fortunate because we only have to pay

Archived