Facebook updates that blow your mind

SpursRiot2012

I was sat a train the other day when a lady in full Muslim attire got on the train.

Nobody said anything to her and she kept herself to herself. About 30minutes in the journey however, she sneezed and a man went to get a sandwich.

After a bit more time passed, everyone got off the train when we got to our destination.

No one cheered or hugged

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

My Friends on Facebook. .Please if you see any photos of Children or Animals or old people asking you to Put Amen ....Please don't ...They are all from foreign men who are hacking Facebook ...I'm so greatful to the person who told me this as I was one of those people saying Amen too ...please beware of this scam ...

Incredible.

• Paid Members

My Friends on Facebook. .Please if you see any photos of Children or Animals or old people asking you to Put Amen ....Please don't ...They are all from foreign men who are hacking Facebook ...I'm so greatful to the person who told me this as I was one of those people saying Amen too ...please beware of this scam ...

Incredible.
I love that. It makes me wonder whether it's a parody or from someone who's genuinely that stupid.

Things like this have to start off as a joke, right?

Either way, I'm sharing it.

• Paid Members

Now everybody's a white knight! Once again, this could have actually happened, but it's all the 'thanking and hugging' the victims do which makes me cynical:

And this is why I'm proud of the good people of the North East. Via a listener of the podcast:

I'm raging. Was sat coming back home on the metro after a day in Newcastle. There's two Muslim women sat opposite me and my partner. 10 minutes into the journey some horrible little bastard comes up to the two ladies and demand that they move for him, then tells them to get off altogether as he is English and he has a right to be there and they don't... And other such shite.

What happened next was mental. A few of us immediately told him to back off and leave them alone, then quite quickly pretty much the whole carriage joined in. Everyone from mams to students to nanas were telling this kid to leave the lasses alone and told him that he was the one that needed to leave, as he stamped his feet a little bit and half arsedly tried to argue that he shouldn't have to leave and we'd be sorry when the women blew the train up.

But by this point he was being pretty much yelled at by everyone who were telling him to get off at the next station. Two older blokes in their toon tops and scarves came forward and said he could leave at the next stop or he was getting dragged off. So he tottled off with his hate filled little tail between his legs while the carriage clapped and gave a little cheer and the women thanked and hugged everyone for sticking up for them and said how lovely it was that everyone came together for such a display of unity.

I'm still raging, but am very, very proud of the good geordie people.

It's made it as far as the local news. 

• Awards Moderator

Now everybody's a white knight! Once again, this could have actually happened, but it's all the 'thanking and hugging' the victims do which makes me cynical:

And this is why I'm proud of the good people of the North East. Via a listener of the podcast:

I'm raging. Was sat coming back home on the metro after a day in Newcastle. There's two Muslim women sat opposite me and my partner. 10 minutes into the journey some horrible little bastard comes up to the two ladies and demand that they move for him, then tells them to get off altogether as he is English and he has a right to be there and they don't... And other such shite.

What happened next was mental. A few of us immediately told him to back off and leave them alone, then quite quickly pretty much the whole carriage joined in. Everyone from mams to students to nanas were telling this kid to leave the lasses alone and told him that he was the one that needed to leave, as he stamped his feet a little bit and half arsedly tried to argue that he shouldn't have to leave and we'd be sorry when the women blew the train up.

But by this point he was being pretty much yelled at by everyone who were telling him to get off at the next station. Two older blokes in their toon tops and scarves came forward and said he could leave at the next stop or he was getting dragged off. So he tottled off with his hate filled little tail between his legs while the carriage clapped and gave a little cheer and the women thanked and hugged everyone for sticking up for them and said how lovely it was that everyone came together for such a display of unity.

I'm still raging, but am very, very proud of the good geordie people.

It's made it as far as the local news.

Yep, saw that tonight. Probably safe to assume this one was true!

• Paid Members

Does it being on the local news mean it's 100% truthful. Well, not exactly. 

But it does at leave give it some credibility. The lady they interviewed would have to be great actor for her to pull that off, plus, they would have been witnesses. 

Has a witness come forward yet? Not that I'm aware of. So, I'm still a bit sceptical. I think it does make a great story though. 

Edit: Just found this quote on the Evening Chronicle website from a guy who works on the Metro. 

Metro Inspector Ian King said: “We have received a report of an alleged racist incident happening on a Metro train at around 4:45pm on Saturday, November 21. Northumbria Police take a hard stance against any form of attack on any minority group or individual and officers will be investigating this report. Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 ext 69191 quoting reference number 191 23/11/15.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/metro-yob-attack-ruhi-rehman-10491688#ICID=FB-Chron-main

Edited by eugenespeed

• Moderators

I don't think it gives it any credibility, personally. I've way too many incidents in the last couple years now where news services have jumped on internet stories and reported them as fact, only for them to be later proven false. And that's just the ones that ever get picked up on.

Who did they interview? The person who wrote that post? I didn't see the piece.

I disagree that the story is great, but that's just personal opinion I guess. The Sun headline did a much better job of being racially divisive than the negative impact of these stories!

• Paid Members

There's a video on here of who they interviewed. A lady called Ruru Rahman. 

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-metro-passenger-who-racially-10489548

I'm not saying it is 100% true as I do agree, we've heard a lot of stories that are similar over the past, but if you Google her name, the story has been picked up by few news sources, local and national. 

• Paid Members

The 'received a report' quote is just them saying they have heard the story. It happens all the time, most recently with that 'burglars are marking houses with chalk' and then becomes a self fulfilling prophecy when people use it to justify the original (non) story.

Local papers are terrible for this sort of thing. The worst thing is the AP then pick it up and run it and it becomes fact.

Not a status issue but more of a comment to one.

A friend of mine is expecting her first baby in a couple of weeks and she has been trying for years and eventually got pregnant with IVF treatment.

As you can imagine she's very excited after everything it's took and she posted some pics of the baby's bedroom she has finished decorating.

The second comment from a friend of hers was "It's bad luck to have the stroller in the room before the birth".

I thought to myself what a fucking thing to say.

Fortunatly i was a few hours late seeing this (it triggered me) and my friend replied gracefully which translated as shut the fuck up with your bullshit.

• Paid Members

I don't think it gives it any credibility, personally. I've way too many incidents in the last couple years now where news services have jumped on internet stories and reported them as fact, only for them to be later proven false. And that's just the ones that ever get picked up on.

Off topic a bit but have you seen that clip of some American news station reporting on a Chinese air crash with joke names they didn't read out loud before copy and pasting?

I'll see if I can find it.

Edit. My sounds off but I think this I it

Edited by Tommy!