Gimmicks that were great

Snitsky's back acne

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11_display_image.jpg

He was brilliant. He should have Main Evented. But he wasn't too arsed about wrestling. In the short run he had as this character he had some dire feuds with Rikishi and involved with Mr America. Such a shame. Should have put him against Lesnar at Backlash instead of a very green Cena.

Nah, he couldn't cut a live promo in the ring. He had the 'look' to main event. But he preferred the real stuff to faking it up.

• Paid Members
You alright there mate? No need for rudeness.

Yeah there is. Imagine if the whole thread was just people posting:-

"O'Haire."

"Goldust."

"lol Doink lol."

Discuss your fucking choice or fuck off.

• Paid Members

Papa Fucking Shango!

Look at the crowd at Wembley when he came out, they were fucking bricking it. That gimmick had legs, granted it was never Title holding standards, but it could have been pushed more and used more effectively, in the same way Bossman was uber heel for years on end.

A personal one rather than a "they should have" as clearly the masses felt otherwise, but I really liked Too Cool for their first couple of months after being repackaged, then grew to hate them after they aligned with Rikishi and became fan faves. Moreso with Brian Christopher; Scotty did have that likeable quality about him, but the gimmick was far more suited to a pair of comedy heels and they were a good laugh in those early days along with the King being right into them and JR hardly being able to hide his disdain as he spoke about Grandmaster sexeurghh etc.

The P-to-the-G-plus-the-1-and-the-3 could've compensated and given me my scrawny comedy heel fix on the other channel, but as fun as they were too, they lasted about a month into the new year. :(

KANE

I appreciate they had to pad his character out a bit and give him a bit more depth for longevity purposes, but Jesus, could they have fucked up with his backstory any more?

I hardly think 15 years of longevity, 1 World Title, 1 WWE title, 12 tag titles, numerous IC/Hardcore title reigns count as a failed gimmick.

Being an easily impressed 11 year old at the time i remember being mightily impressed with Kronik on wcw worldwide or whatever it was on channel 5 on a friday night. Was gutted with the way they were used in wwe during the invasion. Although if i ever bothered to look back at kronik on youtube i'd probably realise why they got such a shitty run.

• Paid Members

Everyone says Mordecai and O'Haire for these topics. They were both rubbish and that's exactly why they went to shit immediately.

I absolutely loved nutty , obsessed Mickie James and her antics. Like many before and after her turned and simply became another generic babyface.

'Used'ta was a rooster from Brewster' R-Truth was a total riot. Shame it was so short lived.

• Paid Members

I've said this before on here but Gangrel! Badass entrance, badass look and badass gimmick and entertaining in the ring. If he emerged these days with all the Twilight faggotry in popular culture he'd be solid gold I think. Countless promos about "what a real vampire is!" and so on. The unspeakably amazing entrance and the bloodbaths would only add to such a character. Good lord, I want Gangrel back. Sadly I don't think he even won a title, losing the European match with X Pac at the 1999 Rumble and then Edge and Christian going on to great success rather than (apparently) them being meant to platform him.

KANE

I appreciate they had to pad his character out a bit and give him a bit more depth for longevity purposes, but Jesus, could they have fucked up with his backstory any more?

I hardly think 15 years of longevity, 1 World Title, 1 WWE title, 12 tag titles, numerous IC/Hardcore title reigns count as a failed gimmick.

Where does it say in the OP anything about failure?

Thanks

Archived