DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

Another 6 down, watched

The Little Shop of Horrors - the original one from the 60s

Evil Dead 2 - awesome film

Army of Darkness - see above

Stage Fright - okish film, only worth one or two watches

The Last Horror Film - good little slasher film, Caroline Monroe is an absolute knock out in it

Slumber Party Massacre - Typical teen slasher, decent watch

Watched another 9 films off my list over the last few days

Scream Bloody Murder - utter utter crap

The Terror - confusing story but ok, you can see its not quite a finished article considering its back story

Invisible Ghost - Good little mystery starring the great Bela Lugosi

Graduation Day - Decent teen slasher

Children of the Corn 1-5 - First film was decent, everything else seems to be following the same formula but doing different things to get there, hoping to finish the series either by the end of the day or tonight

• Paid Members

I watched the new Vacation film last night.

For a film that's a sequel, a remake and a reboot all at once it's actually really funny and free of convoluted bullshit.

It's also a post-the Hangover American mainstream comedy full of overly extreme situations and an unrealistic amount of peril, despite usually being disappointed with that genre I watch them all and this was a lot better than most.

Like the originals it's the earnest positivity of the dad despite the ridiculous situations that's the heart of the film and no one does that better than Chevy Chase but Ed Helms pulled it off too.

I don't think there's anyone better than Christina Applegate to play the female lead in this kind of film, I've always liked her, she's funny and hot but old and normal enough that she doesn't look unrealistic playing a mum of teenagers now. Still didn't stop the youngest son from stealing the film though, I loved that kid.

• Paid Members

Anybody seen Eli Roth's "The Green Inferno"? Love it. Definately a throwback to the old Cannibal movies of the late seventies. It's brutal though, strong stomachs are needed. I loved it and I hate Eli Roth. I'm so conflicted.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

Have to agree with Bellers and Baz. I really, really loved Vacation. As a huge fan of all the original flicks (Even Vegas and the Hotel Heck one), I was delighted with the reboot/sequel gig. Women are funny old sorts though. My missus was convinced Hemsworth’s penis was legitimately akin to a chimps arm, and I tried to explain prosthesis etc, but she wasn’t having a bar of it. Who am I to ruin the fantasy? I mean, I still pull the stomach out of myself to Miriam from There’s Something About fame.

And yes, the son was brilliant! I hadn't enjoyed a throwaway supporting role that much since Will Poulter in We're The Millers.

Green Inferno was a weird one. I’d be polar to Baz in that I love Eli Roth, but this didn’t feel like an Eli Roth flick and actually felt ‘real’ like the movie(s) it was paying homage to/emulating. I think ‘enjoyed’ is the wrong word, as I was more disturbed and it stayed with me all night after watching it and did cause me a lack of z’s, so job done Mr.Roth.

• Paid Members

Yeah, images from it will leave you horrified. It's not something to go into lightly. Goes all the way this picture. As I said on Twitter, makes Cannibal Holocaust look like a kiddies film.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

Waited a looooong time for Green Inferno. Cannibal Holoucaust is one of my all time favourite movies (especially after the animal friendly edit came out), so can't wait to see this one. Nice to see Vacation is good as I love them too.

Another batch of films down

Children of the Corn 666 - The series should have ended here in all honesty as it brings back the character of Issac, played by the original actor and reveals the mysterious leader the children bow to

Children of the Corn : Revelation - unneeded addition to the series, watchable though

Children of the Corn : Genesis - has very little to do with the franchise feels like a generic horror film with the series name stamped on it to sell units

Indestructible Man - Bit of a poor outing for the great Lon Chaney Jr, film is very short at a shade over an hour so doesn't get a chance to build the story much

Metropolis - was looking forward to this based on what I heard about it but I found it really boring and long winded (2 1/2 hours long)

• Paid Members

A 1982 thriller called White Dog

The premise is so ridiculous I had to watch it, it's genuinely about a racist white dog that attacks black people.

A woman adopts a stray white German Shepherd but soon discovers it kills every black person it sees. I can't believe they made that shit with a straight face. It's also a terrible film.