Could Have Been A Wrestler

Keith Houchen

So,

Mrs H and I are both ill. We were in bed and got the iPad to watch TV. She loves documentaries and wanted to watch something light so I recommended King Of Kong.

Upon witnessing the guy in my sig, she said "He could be a wrestler with his confidence, his followers and the way he is dishonest". And she's right. Billy Mitchell is one of the best heels to grace the silver screen. Same goes for the small screen. JR Ewing was the McMahon of Texas. His feud with the Barnes clan is legendary.

Who would you say would make a great wrestling character? It can be a Film character, a TV character or someone from real life, like Luis Suarez.

Not Joey Barton though, he's a twat.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While there are many more likely candidates, I thought Spencer from Heidi and Spencer was playing the epitome of a heel who knew how do business, in this year's CBB. Both knew their appeal and how to instigate reactions so they would stick around longer. Even when they "got caught" being two-faced, they came back like they hadn't or didn't care, which caused even more of a ruckus from the audience and housemates (which was pretty funny to see them so easily manipulated). They very much took the Hall philosophy of 'it's not friend-business'. CBB should have given them both a bonus cos there wouldn't have been a show without them.

• Paid Members

If we're talking documentary villains then Frederic Bourdin from The Imposter would be perfect as a charming and charismatic heel like Waylon Mercy.

• Paid Members

The most obvious one that springs to mind (although he comes from a very closely-related field) is Chael Sonnen. The guy cuts ridiculously good pro-wrestling promos, to the point where he engages people so well that he's given title shots and high-profile matches on the back of them, despite not having a great win-loss record. If he can do that with a legitimate, competitive sport (albeit one as manipulated as MMA), he'd probably be purest platinum in pro-wrestling. Gets great reactions, face looks quite movie-star, obviously tough and athletically gifted.

Anyway, if he doesn't count, Tom Hardy. Again - great look, very charismatic with a distinctive voice, clearly quite athletic too.

George Galloway would be a tremendous heel manager. The series of CBB where he formed that heel alliance with Dennis Rodman and Pete Burns and bullied Michael Barrymore was pure wrestling, and the cat costume was the weasel suit of its time.

Archived