Could Have Been A Wrestler

Keith Houchen

Richard Herring's Me1 vs. Me2 Snooker is pure sports entertainment and could easily be a wrestling feud. It starts out really slow and doesn't seem like there's much going on, but as it wears on, the two characters become more defined and there's a slow burning double face/heel turn as the guy you found yourself supporting completely changes. There's winning streaks, losing streaks and even a heart-wrenching retirement angle and soon it turns from a dull, uninteresting podcast where a man plays himself at snooker into a rollercoaster ride where you actually will one of the two sides on to victory. You definitely need to start from the very beginning though, or it all just seems like a pathetic excuse in self-indulgence, to be honest.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
papa144mj.jpg

I have always thought Papa Lazarou could make a jump into the WWE and could have an instant feud with Batista by stalking him like Goldust did to Razor back in the day.

Oh man, I'd love that.

Lost was blatantly full of wrestling characters. Ben Linus making a perfect heel GM or stable manager, Jack and Sawyers relationship almost like Bret and Austin. Even Hurley reminds me of loveable Mick Foley. Lost followed loads of popular wrestling traits/angles in general actually. The invading 'Others', a mysterious higher power, shocking heel turns/twists, shades of grey and tweeners and gradual baby face turns of once despised heels, faction defections, struggles for power in those factions and of course, time travel.

Mainly though, ever since I heard there was at one point originally plans for The Undertaker to be a big black dude I've always pictured that version being something like Mr. Eko.

Mainly though, ever since I heard there was at one point originally plans for The Undertaker to be a big black dude I've always pictured that version being something like Mr. Eko.

That was Kane, wasn't it? Or the version of Kane in Papa Shango's lies about how he was meant to play Kane, anyway.

• Awards Moderator

khal-drogo.jpg

Khal Drogo and his horde would have been an impressive addition to any era of WWE.

Actually, it wouldn't take too much to turn Roman Reigns into a Dothraki warrior. Get him a horse to ride down to the ring on, some blonde thing from NXT to accompany him, and a gimmick of him cutting his braid if he loses a match as a mark of shame. Ripping out of opponents' organs optional.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson should be the ultimate tweener, such an ass at times but you cant help but root for the guy.

Theres a preacher on who i seen while in Australia a few years back called Brian Houston, he's on The God Channel, who would make an excelent mouthpeice.

On the other end of the scale, it would have to be the man himself. Jock Stewart - Cell Block H fame. Fuck Drew Mcyntire with his forced grunting scottish accent. Theres a place in wrestling for a Scottish charachter. If there accent is done in the right way, nothing can be more menacing.

Soaps are full of great wrestling charachters. Alf Stewart would make a great authority figure, caling everyone cliched Australian names like Mongrel and Galar (however you spell it) i even heard him call someone a flaming Goose before. Him and JR could have a good run in trading insults such as scolded dog, government mule etc......

Eubank was made for wrestlng.

Danny Dyer.

• Paid Members
khal-drogo.jpg

Khal Drogo and his horde would have been an impressive addition to any era of WWE.

Actually, it wouldn't take too much to turn Roman Reigns into a Dothraki warrior. Get him a horse to ride down to the ring on, some blonde thing from NXT to accompany him, and a gimmick of him cutting his braid if he loses a match as a mark of shame. Ripping out of opponents' organs optional.

Had to look up what this dude was from. Badass look indeed. You're spot on with the Roman Reigns thing. I could dig that.

May have to check out Game of Thrones.

Archived