Old School Raw

King Pitcos

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Anyway, Old School Raw.

Ten things I liked:

1. Old School presentation. I'm a sucker for nostalgia in wrestling and the look of the show was fantastic for me.

2. Cutting from the Old School intro straight into the Undertaker's entrance to kick off the show. Always a spectacle.

3. Good little match between Cesaro and Ryback, with a cool finish. Glad Cesaro has dropped the crap flag waving gimmick.

4. Mark Henry and Ryback staring each other down. Nice way to sew that seed. I want to see where they go with it next week.

5. Mark Henry squash match. Entertainment factor enhanced by the fact that it was that berk Zack Ryder getting jobbed in super fast time.

6. Ric Flair is always good to see.

7. The Rock and Cena segment was excellent. Really, really good way to kick off their build now that the match is confirmed. Cena shone. I hope they keep this serious tone up this year, I don't want to see them taking the piss out of each other, singing songs or rapping.

8. I like that they have Tensai and Brodus in matching gear now. 100% improvement to Tensai's look.

9. Triple H looks bad ass with short hair. His promo was decent, but I just got a kick out of how hard he looks.

10. Oh, you didn't know?! Fucking NAO tagging together on Raw. I love these guys and it's good to see them both in decent shape. Thought Road Dogg's mic work was quality- loved the Macklemore reference.

Five things I didn't like:

1. I'm fine with Punk challenging Undertaker, but the resultant segment with Sheamus, Show and Orton was crap. With Punk already having made his challenge and given his reasons for doing so (which were good), nobody was going to buy into the idea that any of the other three were going to win that main event.

2. The Old School roster. Like most others have said, old faces are great to see once in a while, but not the same old faces every time.

3. Ric Flair being mentor to The Miz. I totally get why they are trying it, but Miz just can't pull it off.

4. Bored to fuck of Hell No and Prime Time Players working with each other. Bryan's act has worn so thin now, which is a shame.

5. I don't like Fandango. I liked him as sleazy bastard Johnny Curtis.

There was troll thread on here a while back, I think it was called "Wrestler's you'd like to fuck." Seeing Fandango and his fantastic promo made me think odd things. Other than that, I think he could really be a player in a few years. He has a certain something, plus listening to his podcast with Colt Cabana he seemed like a really sound guy. He really had to battle hard to get to live his dream in WWE. hope this gimmick works. I think it will.

I thought the way they finished the fatal four way was too similar to the end of the chamber match.

Ziggler's lack of anything resembling a storyline is such a poor effort from the creative. I'm sure they could find some mid-card geezer for him to do something with, rather than being jobbed out every week so we're "surprised" when he wins the WHC.

• Paid Members

One old school thing I'd like them to bring back permanently (they've done a few over the years) is the interviews on that stage somewhere in the crowd, overlooking the fans and the ring. Looks big-time.

I thought the way they finished the fatal four way was too similar to the end of the chamber match.

Ziggler's lack of anything resembling a storyline is such a poor effort from the creative. I'm sure they could find some mid-card geezer for him to do something with, rather than being jobbed out every week so we're "surprised" when he wins the WHC.

Think they're waiting for Jericho to get back. Although the only storyline Ziggler's ever really had is the one with Cena. This current meandering is par for the course with him.

One old school thing I'd like them to bring back permanently (they've done a few over the years) is the interviews on that stage somewhere in the crowd, overlooking the fans and the ring. Looks big-time.

I remember they brought it back for Funaki once or twice, when he was Smackdown's announcer. Kid Kash ended up brainbustering him on it to end one segment, which was a pretty decent angle if I remember rightly. Can't remember much about the match itself, mind you, assuming they had one.

• Moderators

I finally finished watching this last night... I'm really enjoying being back into wrestling at the minute and for the most part I really enjoyed this. Getting pumped for 'Mania now!

Rock/Cena was fantastic, and Punk's opportunism/chicken-shittery is marvelous. Jack Swagger is still fucking awful.

• Moderators

Title shot maybe*, but Bobby Lashley being in that Vince/Trump hair match was quite something.

Does anyone know/have any theories that don't involve gay favours why they're so high on him?

* I'm sure there are actually a bunch of stinkers we just can't remember off the top of our heads.

Archived