Old School Raw

King Pitcos

I thought it was a pretty good Raw despite a few things. The Tensai/Clay vs 3MB match lasting less than a minute with zero tags was odd but im guessing that segment was more for the Honkey Tonk Mans guitar shot. Swagger vs Duggan again was pointless as i was expecting a Del Rio run in to save the oldies but it never came.

But the main event was great with Punk playing the win stealing weasel perfect. So we now have a delusional guy who believes himself to be the best in the world now attempting to steal the streak from Taker. Im happy this will be my first Mania that im going to. And being a Punk Fanboy would love to see him steal the win although i doubt the streak will ever end.

HHH vs Brock needs to be a street fight, it cant just be a 1 on 1 match with rules. They need to step up their game and make this brutal. But i trust that they'll make the rematch a good one.

Now in fantasy booking mode and a way of using up talent i wouldnt mind seeing a match with 2 belts on the line much like when Angle was the EuroContinental Champ. Now i know no one is a double champ but i'd like to see Cesaro vs Miz vs Barrett vs Kofi with 2 falls (as there's 2 belts). Just as a way to use up talent and make a match a little bit interesting.

Ryback vs Henry would just be amazing. Just amazing.

Only thing left for Ziggler is to just be a cash in. I honestly cant see him as a threat to anyone as he's always losing. Shame really.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
but by now you know it's the same old retro faces they wheel out every six months, so the novelty's gone.

This. Plus, they were ALL in the intro, so it ruined any sort of surprise.

Seriously, how would it be to shake things up a little. As in NONE of the legends we saw this time round (again) and instead folks like The Model, Demolition, The Mountie etc show up. Just something a little different, even if it's car crash quality.

• Paid Members
Seriously, how would it be to shake things up a little. As in NONE of the legends we saw this time round (again) and instead folks like The Model, Demolition, The Mountie etc show up. Just something a little different, even if it's car crash quality.

That would be fine if they were booking Raw for the UKFF but practically no-one present would know who who any of those people are.

I'd have liked to have seen them go back to the Manhattan Centre for one night, have the black guy in the yellow Bob Backlund t-shirt in the audience again, and have the Raw ring girl back. If they're going to do it, do it properly instead of some sloppy half-arsed attempt at retro that added nothing to the show.

So I'm supposed to believe that CM Punk might have a chance versus the Undertaker when he's lost 2 vs. the Rock and lost to Cena last week.

Undertaker is hardly in the same condition as The Rock and Cena now...maybe they'll play into that.

I have a genuine curiosity to watch Triple H/Brock 2 despite an only okay first match and virtually no intriguing reasons created for me in the storylines. It must be a great example of two stars being big enough deals to sell it just by being themselves. In the entire Summerslam build and this one, Stephanie McMahon's promo on Heyman is still probably my favourite bit of work between the two. It should have absolutely sod all going for it, and yet for some reason I still want to see it. I think it's got more chance of delivering a better match than Punk/Taker, and again unlike that match, I don't know who's going to win.

So I'm supposed to believe that CM Punk might have a chance versus the Undertaker when he's lost 2 vs. the Rock and lost to Cena last week.

Undertaker is hardly in the same condition as The Rock and Cena now...maybe they'll play into that.

Maybe not in a gym - but nobody gives a fuck about that. On television he is presented as being, arguably, more of a threat to your life in a wrestling ring than either Cena or Rock.

• Paid Members

MEH.

Raw was crap compaired to last week. It offered nothing even the main event was weak you could see a mile off who was going to win.

HHH im coming abck to kick your ass promo was lame he just wont show any fear at all will; he even ehen they played up brock breaking his arm twice, all it would take would be for HHH to say hes not sure if he can win but if hes going down hes taking him with him and the whole thing jumps a level. All we will get is Brock and HHH no selling each other until the match.

I was thinking about brocks head healing up before maina, if not then a few bumps and hes gushing again.

CM Punk Vs Undertaker, i dont see punk as a threat to him in anyway shape or form. He lost to Cena and the rock twice. Im guessing he is being used to make taker look good.

What happened after raw looks better than what happened on it.

Maybe not in a gym - but nobody gives a fuck about that. On television he is presented as being, arguably, more of a threat to your life in a wrestling ring than either Cena or Rock.

They could have done the classic "come out of retirement" angle. Have Taker inducted into the Hall of Fame, as himself (Mark Calloway) out of character, have him appear on Raw and talk about what a great career he had and how much fun it was to portray the Undertaker, but he's too injured to wrestle any more. Then have Punk taunt him and threaten him, with people saying "you don't want to poke the sleeping bear" or whatever, but Punk says "he's a broken old man".

Then finally have "Mark" snap and his Taker persona re-emerges, and at WM he's all invincible again.

Course, that would be better if he'd been retired for a few years.

• Paid Members
I have a genuine curiosity to watch Triple H/Brock 2 despite an only okay first match and virtually no intriguing reasons created for me in the storylines. It must be a great example of two stars being big enough deals to sell it just by being themselves. In the entire Summerslam build and this one, Stephanie McMahon's promo on Heyman is still probably my favourite bit of work between the two. It should have absolutely sod all going for it, and yet for some reason I still want to see it. I think it's got more chance of delivering a better match than Punk/Taker, and again unlike that match, I don't know who's going to win.

Really? I think it's fairly clear that Triple H is going to get a much deserved win back, after Lesnar broke his arm and made him tap like a B word.

I'm quite disappointed how they've went about this Triple H/Lesnar/Heyman/Vince/Punk/Sheild storyline. I thought it was leading to some crossover story of Heyman's Army v Vince's best and most loyal at 'Mania. The Punk/Taker stuff, in particular, seems like a bizarre afterthought.

HHH im coming abck to kick your ass promo was lame he just wont show any fear at all will

Who wants to see a scared HHH? He has had his arm broken twice, lost and been forced into supposed retirement by the man, if after all that he came out and said oh I'm scared of Brock, not sure if I can get the Job done but I'll give it a shot, nobodys going to pay to see it are they.

People will pay to see a fired up HHH gets his revenge on Brock. Brock dosn't look any weaker because HHH isn't scared to face him.

He has faced The Undertaker the past 2 years at Mania, theres no need to show him scared to face Brock after what he gone through before.

• Moderators

That would be fine if they were booking Raw for the UKFF but practically no-one present would know who who any of those people are.

The main reason you see all the same faces is because those are they guys they have a good working relationship with / they're trying to wring some value out of the Legend Contracts.

Also, re: Punk/Taker. Stop being a bunch of twats, all of you. Doesn't matter who he faces, everyone knows the result of the match. It was the same for Shawn and the same for HHH. It just matters if they can make you believe he's a threat and get caught up in it. Give them a chance with the build at least!

Although I will grant you, they haven't left loads of time for a decent build.

• Paid Members

The main reason you see all the same faces is because those are they guys they have a good working relationship with / they're trying to wring some value out of the Legend Contracts.

Exactly. As great as it was seeing Sid and Vader back on Raw for those Heath Slater squashes, few people knew who they were at the venues. Even less would know who the hell the Mountie was, as great as that would be to see as well.

There's a lot of wacky people on Twitter suggesting that Punk should beat the Undertaker.

Roughly how much money would be simulataneously flushed down the toilet from that big Undertaker/John Cena match in the process?

I have a genuine curiosity to I don't know who's going to win.

Really? I think it's fairly clear that Triple H is going to get a much deserved win back, after Lesnar broke his arm and made him tap like a B word.

I dunno, if Brock was done as of Mania I'd be inclined to agree but now he's going to be around for the foreseeable, I wouldn't rule out another win for him. I'd be happy seeing HHH win, but Brock beating him again might shut all the fucking berks up who whinged on when Cena beat him. I don't know Brock's schedule or contract, but I started to think Brock will beat HHH and challenge Cena for the belt to a rematch at Extreme Rules, one year on from their epic. Cena can beat him again, sending Brock loopy so he fucks off again for a bit, or Brock can win and take the title hostage till he can be arsed to defend it.

Or none of that happens and HHH wins clean with the Pedigree. Whatevs, I'm good with either.

Archived