Old School Raw

King Pitcos

Don't know if I'm remembering correctly here but was Sheamus that over when he got flung into beating Cena for the WWE Championship? I was having a wee break from wrestling about then but remember it causing a lot of debate.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Title shot maybe*, but Bobby Lashley being in that Vince/Trump hair match was quite something.

Does anyone know/have any theories that don't involve gay favours why they're so high on him?

Height, weight, size, look, shoot~ credentials.

Lashley got a title shot at Cena in '07, but he was way more over than Swagger is now I think. Bob Holly at Royal Rumble 2004?

Holly is probably the best pick from the last ten years and I'm a fan of the guy. The problem with Single Brand PPVs was the gaps in-between. I remember when he came back looking for revenge on Brock in October he was pretty over and it actually seemed like a natural feud to me since they were clearly just propping him up as someone else for Brock to beat. If they'd blown it off at Survivor Series or if SmackDown had had a December PPV, I think things would have been fine. Keeping the momentum going all the way to January was just too much.

Going further back, Razor Ramon at Royal Rumble '93 was far less over at the time than people might imagine.

Not that Michaels was that hot an opponent for Bret on the previous PPV, but at least there was the history there and the novelty of having a match between the companies only singles champions. Ramon really didn't have that much heat for a guy in a title match. Plus that match had been signed before Bret got the strap so there was a kayfabe reason for it to happen.

With Razor it just seemed to me like

Archived