• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

When and where (on British telly) can Impact be seen these days?

Channel 192 (Showcase) at 9pm Wednesdays and 5Star at some ungodly hour on Friday night/Saturday morning or on the 5 on demand app.

Thanks, just googled Showcase and 192 is the Sky number - according to what I'm reading it's no longer on Freesat? I suppose there's still 5Star and the app though.

Yeah, 5Star, it's one-third of the big Friday night wrestling triple-header, following 'All Elite Wrestling' on ITV4 and 'The World According to Jesse' (Ventura) on Russia Today!

Edited by AshC

2 hours ago, garynysmon said:

Apparently there's a quite easy way to pick up Showcase on Freesat, just that its not on the EPG. (Has quite a few UK Promotions and ROH on there too).

https://ukfree.tv/extras/inreplyto/907252

Interesting, I'll give that a try, thanks! Don't suppose the same can be done for Challenge+1 and FreeSports? Freesat channels seem to have dropped like flies lately.

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Interesting, I'll give that a try, thanks! Don't suppose the same can be done for Challenge+1 and FreeSports? Freesat channels seem to have dropped like flies lately.

Should be, seeing that they're all free to air. The frequency numbers should be easy enough to find.

Back to the topic, as shit as empty arena tapings are, the pandemic and most promotions stopping tapings has probably been a blessing in many ways for Impact.

Due to its revenue streams being what they are, I doubt that income is down as badly as some other promotions. Also the stopping of NWA and ROH shows has given them some much needed breathing space in a crowded market, not to mention some free agents being unexpectedly being made available to fill what was looking like a very bare bones roster.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

So Wrestle House was fucking dire. 

Except for the Swing Man. He was hilarious. 

It was hit and miss for me, I can see what they're trying to do and liven things up given the arena is deathly empty. I laughed at some points (yeah, Swinger basically) but other bits were a bit too silly.

There was just too much of it for my liking, but apparently they're toning down on the length of WrestleHouse in future. I think it may work better as a standalone Youtube feature rather than the main show as it seems to be a bit marmite.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2020 at 7:03 PM, The King Of Swing said:

Maybe 2020 has finally broken my brain but I'm currently watching the most recent episode and.......I'm enjoying it.

Yes even the Wrestle House nonsense.

I'm the same. Not watched Impact in years other than the hyped 2018 Slammiversery. Must say I've quite enjoyed the past two weeks of Impact I've seen and I much prefer it to WWE's current output, which I can't seem to get through a full episode without turning off.

The lack of crowd hasn't been that noticeable either which surprised me.

45 minutes ago, iMPACt! said:

The lack of crowd hasn't been that noticeable either which surprised me.

To be honest, I think the pandemic has benefited Impact. Before this all happened, it was incredibly noticeable just how few audience members were in attendance at their shows. In a bizarre way, having an audience felt distracting.

Now though it just feels like any other promotion.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, RedRooster said:

To be honest, I think the pandemic has benefited Impact. Before this all happened, it was incredibly noticeable just how few audience members were in attendance at their shows. In a bizarre way, having an audience felt distracting.

Now though it just feels like any other promotion.

I still prefer an audience, albeit as small as it was for some tapings. But it certainly hasn't harmed Impact like it has other promotions.

Covid-19 has certainly benefitted in that Impact has been running shows while its similarly sized competitors haven't. Plus some reasonably big name/talented wresters came on the market at exactly the right time when the show was looking pretty threadbare due to various reasons.

The roster now is streets ahead of 6 months ago, plus the most embarrassing shite such as Joey Ryan's penis nonsense and Tessa Blanchard's intergender stuff has all gone.

Edited by garynysmon

• 2 weeks later...

Currently on the main event of the pre Emergence Night 1 Impact and I'm now officially an Impact fan.

In an amusing (to me anyway) moment I found myself wondering what Su Yung is up to only to realise later that she is Susie.

Overall it's an easy 90 minutes or so of wrestling and goofiness.

I don't think I want Wrestle House to end.

Yeah been watching Impact weekly for the past couple of months now, the only wrestling I go out of my way to watch. Impact plus app is free with an account to watch the show the on the Wednesday after it airs in the states on Tuesday so managing to avoid any spoilers also.

You’re right it’s an easy watch and they keep things ticking along nicely and everything that happens on the show has a point and advances a storyline, it’s really good.

Chalk me up as another one loving Wrestle House as well, it’s ridiculous but it’s fun, accept it won’t be for everyone and that’s fine but I love it, love the theme music as well, a highlight for me.

Bound For Glory has been announced for October and I expect it to be a great show, impact are great at building to their events and there’s a few fueds bubbling that I assume will culminate there so it should be a good card.

Only slight downer from me though is the World Title, Eddie Edwards is champion and doing open challenges every week but it’s not the focus of the show, I’m a big believer your TV show should revolve around the World Title and the champion but it just doesn’t have a big feel to it at all, there’s no obvious challenger either so it’ll be interesting how they play it over the next couple of months to BFG.

I'm 2 weeks behind on TV at the mo but Eric Young Vs eddie Edwards I'd say is the main event of bfg? And mcmg Vs good brothers for the tag belts ..as for wrestle house I'm lovin it good stuff .btw any word on rhino haven't seen him in ages?