That link has an update saying the original story was bollocks. Though that too could be bollocks.

It would be such a TNA thing to do to finally die just when (parts of) the product have some actual buzz for the first time in years. I'd be genuinely gutted if the Hardy renaissance gets cut short over this.

Edited by CTXRussomark

• Paid Members

Justin LaBar from the Pittsburgh Tribune (he's verified and everything!) says its true.

Justin LaBar ‏@JustinLaBar 17m17 minutes ago

Sadly, TNA has cancelled some wrestlers flights &matches to cut costs. The site saying it's false is spin doctoring PR for TNA mgmt sources.

I dont even see the point in trying to spin anything this week. There might not be a company by Monday anyway. Billy Corgan did an interview yesterday pretty much blaming the current managment for why the company is so fucked.

• Paid Members

For me, TNA's been on a downward spiral since the Aces and Eights storyline went shit. But it would be a shame if the company were to die now when there was finally some hope on the horizon. I watched last week's Impact and despite the dingy setting, it was genuinely a decent two hours of TV. 

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

That's TNA for you, though. They finally start getting good and now they'll probably die.

I imagine Corgan's going to start up out of the ashes of TNA either way. He seems to have the wrestling bug and genuinely seems to care about the people who may lose their jobs. So if Dixie doesnt sell and WWE picks up the pieces, then I see Corgan just picking up the pieces and doing something.

That's TNA for you, though. They finally start getting good and now they'll probably die.

I imagine Corgan's going to start up out of the ashes of TNA either way. He seems to have the wrestling bug and genuinely seems to care about the people who may lose their jobs. So if Dixie doesnt sell and WWE picks up the pieces, then I see Corgan just picking up the pieces and doing something.

What would Corgan be buying if he bought TNA? The name, the wrestlers contracts and the video library? If so, and if Corgan isn't interested in the TNA name itself (and is going to be starting up a new organisation), would he not be better served to let WWE buy what they want (the videos library, the Hardys) and then just pick the wrestlers he wants from who WWE do not want to bring in? (Which I realise is similar to what you are saying)

Who other than Matt Hardy (and maybe Jeff) would WWE have any interesting in signing if TNA went out of business? Would they take Drew and EC3 back? A few of the women? Have they shown any interest in Lashley since he left?

• Paid Members

He'd be buying the television deals both at home and internationally. That's pretty much the only thing appealing to buying TNA. The Pop TV deal isnt exactly ideal, but its an outlet for them. Look at Jarrett. He cant get anyone to put him on telly.

As far as who is appealing to WWE if they went under, WWE just hired Curt Hawkins and Jinder Mahall back. They'd probably take most of the TNA roster at the minute to fill up Raw, Smackdown and NXT.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I know it means people would be out of a job, but I really hope this is the end for TNA. It's so depressing hearing about it limping along, struggling to stay alive, achieving fuck all. I honestly don't know why anyone other than WWE would even bid for it. It's as worthless as it is toxic.

• Paid Members

I'd imagine if the situation was as dire as it's alleged to be the prospective buyers would just wait for the bankruptcy dust to settle then cherry pick the bits they wanted/needed in the ensuing "fire sale". I think I read somewhere (possibly a few pages back) that however much TNA was valued at they allegedly owe out twice as much to various investors such as Ron & Don's Aryanflux industries or whatever they're called. That's a lofty price to pay for a couple of hours of TV and some archive footage.