• Paid Members

Not had a chance to watch the video, but I do know from his previous that giving Jeff free reign with anything and no guidance is a recipe for apathy. His artistic pretentiousness doesn't enable anyone to relate to him and just makes him seem a bit weird in a "WTF?" way.

I enjoyed his heel run as the ace of Immortal, though - his "neo-Raven" character was actually not bad, and it was probably one of the few occasions his pretentious promos actually worked. The angle when he first lost his title was great, with him smoking while Anderson got beaten down, before going in to try and finish him off.

Rebranding Hardy, one of the few big names left is a risk hugely unlikely to pay off but it MIGHT produce some entertaining stuff. Hardy has been dull throughout most of his TNA run as he has never really been booked as the underdog which was exactly what took him to the top of WWE.

Can't say I necessarily agree with Burke. He was definitely a great character, very charismatic, great talker, but his in-ring work left something to be desired. He had a couple of signature spots, but if he was in the ring with someone who couldn't carry him, he didn't seem to be able to get the crowd up for it. I can't think of many matches in which he stood out. Maybe the Joker's Wild tournament, but other than that, not much else.

I thought he was fantastic in TNA as the Black Pope. Looked cool as fuck and was an exciting wrestler that fitted with the style at the time. At one point I thought he was genuinely going to be their next big star.

Where's he at now anyway?

I think everyone hated him. They did in WWE, anyway. He kind of got earmarked for a big spot when Vince talked him up on TV and made him leader of the New Breed, and he became a right dickhead backstage which soured everyone on him and led to his push being dropped. But for about 18 months later, they were still releasing figures of him long after he'd left television because they'd all been put into motion when he was meant to be the next big thing. Anyway, I think he's blackballed himself a bit by making everyone think he's a tosser.

All that made me think of was Black Reign.

:laugh:

My exact first thought and my first feelings were "Is this the worst thing I have ever seen or is this excellent?" and I still don't know. Though one thing that is great and that is the way Hardy drowns himself in which ever character he portraying. Though it's not so great when he playing the flying junkie who can barely stand.

Reminds me a lot of the Bo Selecta send up of Marilyn Manson. If it means we get him asking Eric Bischoff if he has a quim then i'm all for it.

"It's Jeff Har-wwwwicked."

mqdefault.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ohhhh thank you that gave me a gut laugh but also chillingly reminded of Mr.Noseybonk :(

Edited by FireBrand

He looks like Sensational Sherri at Summerslam 90, and she went undefeated in that fucking mental gear, he's on to a winner.

Somebody mentioned Elijah Burke a page back, so I just wanted to reminisce about him and Beer Money as (in my opionion) the three hottest babyfaces TNA has ever, ever had in late 2009/early 2010. By about April, Pope was jobbing to AJ Styles via getting attacked with a biro seemingly just to get his push done and dusted, and Beer Money were turned heel to shove them out of the way so Abyss could have red and yellow on his gear and be the top babyface. Barring the spectacular spell in mid-2012 when Austin Aries got on that magic tear, I never really made friends with TNA when they so horribly abused those characters. Zero repayments on emotional investments is basically the story of the whole company, over and over again, but never worse than those three.