Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Moderators
Posted

If those are the long tights Anderson wore on the Oldschool One Night Only then yes, they look fucking stupid.

Posted

I think Anderson's new tights are perfect as an extension of his current character, direction and place in the pro wrestling world. A sort of stagnant, shitty pond-water colour.

Posted

Anderson should dress as Surfer Sting all the time; he's never looked more interesting.

Posted

Im enjoying the shows at the moment, maybe nothing spectacular but solid enough which is all they need for now to get characters established, dont know or care about ratings (cos Im a fan of the wrestling not numbers) the shows are simple and they're making the best of who they have I feel.

 

Hardy as 'Willow' could be interesting if its more of a darker side of him he just brings out when needed like Foley with Cactus Jack.

  • Paid Members
Posted
Hardy as 'Willow' could be interesting if its more of a darker side of him he just brings out when needed like Foley with Cactus Jack.

 

That's the problem I have with it, personally. Since Foley and Mutoh/Muta, people have tried this gimmick and it hasn't worked too well. Black Reign screams to mind. The reason why Cactus Jack/Dude Love/Mankind worked was because Foley played a violent psychotic. The Great Muta/Keiji Mutoh worked because you didn't see him "in between", but he also played to Japanese cultural sensibilities - I don't think Keiji Mutoh would get as over in the US as he is in Japan.

 

Black Reign failed, I think, because he tried to be too "mystical" and "horrific" - he was carrying around weapons he would never be allowed to use, and doing creepy Goth shit that no-one would feel threatened by. Hardy's exactly that type. Willow is very likely to be to Cactus Jack what Twilight is to more traditional vampire stories: gets the girls moist, and the blokes just want them to fuck off or get killed by Blade. And no-one finds them scary or serious.

 

Another problem: Abyss is currently in the middle of a similar storyline.

  • Paid Members
Posted
If those are the long tights Anderson wore on the Oldschool One Night Only then yes, they look fucking stupid.

 

Nah, those were bad right enough, but these are even worse.

 

I do agree with Carbomb that the skull/mic design actually isn't bad, and would look decent on a t-shirt (it might also stop him wearing that stupid "Pro Wrestling is Real" one), but just too big. With that & the D.T.O.M on the arse, the whole things are almost covered in design, which looks stupid.

 

And as Dirty Eddie said - stagnant pondwater is probably the closest description of the colour, which could VERY generously be described as "olive"?

 

Hideous in & of themselves, but I also though the massive logo/not black combination of factors make his legs look very skinny in comparison to the rest of his body?

 

Incidentally, I'd wager Carbomb is right with "D.T.O.M." translating to "Don't Tread on Me". Although the phrase is loosely associated with the Real Americans with the Gadsden flag, I imagine he sees it as his version of his hero Stone Cold's "D.T.A." I wouldn't be surprised to hear him saying the initials in promos soon, like Austin did.

Posted

What was the coffin match all about on impact this week? Bully Ray couldn't even fit in the coffin , it was way to small. The lid wouldn't even shut. Madness and it look very cheap!

Posted

I like Bully Ray's character. I've had a big catch up on TNA recently after deciding to forgo the losing AJ Styles (I know, I'm sad) and I really liked it. The religious bits seem a little forced yeah, but I loved him walking into Anderson's dressing room and ringing his wife. I miss that kinda sick nutter heel and Bully Ray is good in it.

Posted (edited)

Yeah Bully turned up not-at-all-pleased with the whole idea and made a threat, I don't like the conotation that Bully Ray will beat up Andersons baby twins. It doesn't work as it doesn't make him look like a physco character but more like an actual murderer ala Ian Huntley...Bubba Huntley?

Edited by FireBrand
  • Paid Members
Posted

I don't mind where they've gone with Bully's character since the end of Aces & 8s, with one exception - the facet they've added (or, more likely, he's added off his own back) where he awkwardly quotes song lyrics in promos.

 

Quoting almost the entirety of Behind Blue Eyes really grated, and got very Shatner-esque at times.

 

"No-one.... knows what it's like... to BE... hated.... TO BE.... fated to telling ONLY lies..."

Posted

The TNA fans in Manchester proved without a doubt why they're the shittiest fans in the world! Chanting 'This is awesome!' during the Bully Ray / Mr Anderson match. That was embarrassing to hear. If any of you on this board were there and chanted along, hang your head in shame.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...