I was thinking it may well have been from a WWF dark match comp tape, bought from the same person I used to get NWA/TNA from. It would have been from around the same time so that makes a little sense as to why I got it mixed up in my head. In fairness, me and my wrestling watching mates back then were massive, massive stoners. It's a wonder I remember anything.

• Paid Members
Did Rob Conway being so shit in real life confuse everyone who played the Ryland games or just me?

Him, Lash LeRoux and Simon Diamond were normally my biggest draws.

Yeah, I got that too. Also got that with Air Paris, Roadkill and Kris Sprules.

Fucking EWR.

• Paid Members
Did Rob Conway being so shit in real life confuse everyone who played the Ryland games or just me?

Him, Lash LeRoux and Simon Diamond were normally my biggest draws.

Yeah, I got that too. Also got that with Air Paris, Roadkill and Kris Sprules.

Fucking EWR.

Kris Sprules! I completely forgot he exists. Amazing!

• Paid Members

Kriss Sprules had his own fucking gimmick for him in EWR for crying out loud!

As for 'the future of WWE' circa 2002, Damaja (Danny Basham) was hotly tipped as well. Everyone was convinced Dinsmore would be one of the next big things, I remember the internet losing their shit when Eugene made his debut.

I remember Scott Vick was about to debut 'any day now' throughout all of 2000. Mr H20 had a good look about him, but apparently he was rotten. Any OVW/HWA or wherever he was based bods out there confirm this?

• Awards Moderator

I remember Rodimer from the Puder-Miz-Ryback edition of Tough Enough. Thought he was an absolute twat and was desperate to see him eliminated, I remember being not unhappy when he got released.

Brent Albright, he was another one. Definitely going to be the next Benoit. Especially if you followed Paul Heyman's incarnation of OVW.

• Paid Members

Dan Rodimer was the smug blonde one from the Tough Enough that was exclusively on Smackdown, the same one as Miz, Ryback & Spirit Squad Mitch.

He did make the main roster very briefly, as Dan Rodman, albeit only on Heat.

Thoroughly enjoyed the 1st TNA show last night, for all the wrong reasons. I don't think I'd ever seen the whole show in one go (I don't think TWC started from the very beginning, did they?).

I kind of get what they were trying to do with Malice in the battle royal (establish him as an evil, unstoppable monster, I guess?), but in execution it came off much more like a double turn.

Malice comes in mid-way through and ploughs through the field, Shamrock waltzes in last and does little of note until the final two. Then, he locks in submissions on Malice that the big man refuses to tap to for extended periods, even when Shamrock questionably pulls him back off a rope break, then refuses to acknowledge a second rope break until Steamboat counts to SEVEN. Shamrock shoves the ref as a thankyou for his leniency. Malice bravely struggles to his feet and gets his legs repeatedly kicked from under him, before getting hit by a quick belly-to-belly for the pin.

I know who I think I should be cheering.