Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
Gary Steele won the NWA World Champ belt he beat Ogawa i think

I wouldn't count RoH as a world title, either. Any promotion can have a belt and chuck 'world' at the beginning.

 

I wouldn't count it either but to be fair the RoH title has been defended in pretty much every country with a decent wrestling market. Admittedly not so much for the last few years but they did make a decent effort of it.

  • Paid Members
Posted
Gary Steele won the NWA World Champ belt he beat Ogawa i think

I wouldn't count RoH as a world title, either. Any promotion can have a belt and chuck 'world' at the beginning.

 

I wouldn't count it either but to be fair the RoH title has been defended in pretty much every country with a decent wrestling market. Admittedly not so much for the last few years but they did make a decent effort of it.

Power UTI can defend a belt at a DDT show, a KSTAR show, a NWA Wildside show and some moody Canadian promotion and it wouldn't make the POWER NIGERIA title (yes I made that up) a legitimate world championship. Fair enough RoH tried to make it as prestigious as possible but I really don't think you can consider it a world title.

Posted
Gary Steele won the NWA World Champ belt he beat Ogawa i think

I wouldn't count RoH as a world title, either. Any promotion can have a belt and chuck 'world' at the beginning.

 

I wouldn't count it either but to be fair the RoH title has been defended in pretty much every country with a decent wrestling market. Admittedly not so much for the last few years but they did make a decent effort of it.

Power UTI can defend a belt at a DDT show, a KSTAR show, a NWA Wildside show and some moody Canadian promotion and it wouldn't make the POWER NIGERIA title (yes I made that up) a legitimate world championship. Fair enough RoH tried to make it as prestigious as possible but I really don't think you can consider it a world title.

 

You do realize you basically repeated my point right?

  • Paid Members
Posted

I did not realise...I either missed the first few words or for some reason thought you were briefly talking about the NWA title :blush:

Posted

Sat 28th December, Challenge appears to be showing the first ever TNA 2 hour PPV!

 

Good news for us Cheex fans. Also featuring the penis tag team THe Johnsons, and Malice, who would have been a star if he hadn't died.

  • Moderators
Posted (edited)

Nah, Jerry "Malice" Tuite went from TNA to wrestle in XPW dressed as a gimp and was nearing 40. I'd say he was pretty much done as anything of note in wrestling. His time was when he was in WCW standing on a roof at Club de Vela during a Hogan promo.

 

I'd like Challenge to show all the old NWATNA weekly ppvs though. They were fucking brutal.

 

THAT'S THE WALL!

Edited by PowerButchi
  • Paid Members
Posted

I imagine its real. I mean, to us viewers he hasn't worked there in 2 years, so why would this be a work. Strange. Another contract gone I suppose, but he'd have been one of the last people I'd have got rid of.

Posted

Given the news that Vince McMahon basically forgets who he's meant to be mad at anyway is there any hope of Double J going to the WWE as a trainer or something?

 

There's quite a few slapnuts in the 'E.

Posted

If only this was earlier and he appeared at RAW Country or whatever it was called, Double J is great even though there was that period when the internet seemed to want him dead for being TNA champion all the time but let's be honest, he was pretty much the only draw the company had at times so it made sense.

Posted

At the time he was also the only guy that they knew would be there 2 weeks later; 10 years ago were the TNA contracts worth anything other than a guide?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...