Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Here's a different shot from last night's PPV taping. Gives you a better idea of the crowd at hand.

 

UILEcPo.jpg

Edited by pgi86
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Pulling the "it looks raw" card is clutching at straws. Upholding a decent level of production for something you are asking people to pay for should be the goal.

 

Toby Keith would have had it looking far better.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay
Posted

No wonder Angle is half cut all the time - can't be fun driving to these dives to perform. Christ what are the house shows like.

  • Moderators
Posted

Wide angle lizzense in the second one I reckon., so it'll probably look between the two on TV. where's the Hard Cam set up? I can't make out on either picture.

 

And here's the venue the first picture reminded me of.

Posted
Its got a unique look to it and I think its for the hardcore PPV or something so least its a 'raw' look, hard to see but I'd say its more than 300

 

A) It looks like any indy show. In fact, it looks like the old FWA British Uprising shows. Which would also look shit if it was actually going to be screened on the ol' lantern.

 

B) Is 300 suddenly good if you've got two hours of TV on Spike each week? Because it shouldn't be.

Posted
where's the Hard Cam set up? I can't make out on either picture.

I think it is directly opposite the first picture. I actually think, when viewed from that angle, the place might look pretty good.

  • Moderators
Posted (edited)
Guys it's hardly 300 fans there. It fits 2,800.

 

Honestly? Doesn't look it. Also I refuse to believe TNA have put anything approaching that number in a building unless they're giving the crowd free tickets and soup like in Alpersteins AWF. Although fraserbee's right, if the Hard Cam is on the stage it should look ok.

Edited by PowerButchi
Posted

The three in-person reports I've read have all estimated around 2000 for what it's worth. I don't think it looks bad. The hard camera is presumably on the stage so you're never going to see that part of the building on TV, and the rest of the building will look pretty packed with the way they film it. Considering it's a One Night Only PPV that's of no importance and won't even be seen in the US I can't blame them for not spending additional money to kit the whole building out.

Posted (edited)

Just looking at the picks, it reminds me of this Owen Hart vs 1-2-3 Kid match from the summer of 1994. Is it the same building? It looks like it maybe.

 

Edited by bwo
Posted

I have no problem with the venue its nice to see something different used for TV. But they still could have forked out a little on the set. They've used basically there house show set up with no entrance way and a cheaper cage included. I get they can do the follow the wrestler out thing that they do in the UK to hide the shitness of the entrance but they can't hide that shoddy cage off to nobody or the crappy floor mats.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...