Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

They sure have, 'knock knock'.

 

Anyway, why would wwe do that? What would the point be and what would they gain in signing a wrestler to a contract deliberately to make him look shit just because he made his name in TNA? They would gain nothing and they wouldn't want or need to make a dig at them. This isn't the Monday Night Wars.

Edited by PunkStep
Posted

Him being AJ Lee's boyfriend/stalker could be good. The only time I ever found him interesting is when he was playing the hick idiot, and WWE hasn't done that gimmick well since Jamie Noble.

Posted

That could work, just say he is so obsessed with AJ Lee that he had his name changed from Cleetus Hick or some other shit to AJ Hick and that could explain the ridiculous tattoo.

Posted

They might as well just call him AJ Styles. Everyone is going to chant it at him anyway and there will only be arguements on here when people refuse to use his new name. I doubt TNA own the name

Posted

Shove him under a hood, pretend he's Asian and call him Gangnam Styles.

 

WWE are always a couple of years behind when it comes to what's hot in popular culture anyway.

Posted

Had a laugh at the shop TNA 12 days of Christmas sale. Yesterday's deal was a free Dixie Carter figure with every order. Bet there's a warehouse full of them that they can't sell. They would be as well doing that every day during the 12 days of Christmas sale just to get shot of them. Dixie isn't Vince McMahon! :laugh:

  • Awards Moderator
Posted
Shove him under a hood, pretend he's Asian and call him Gangnam Styles.

 

WWE are always a couple of years behind when it comes to what's hot in popular culture anyway.

 

I wonder if they could get away with calling him Harry. Think of the increases in accidental female viewership!

Posted
They might as well just call him AJ Styles. Everyone is going to chant it at him anyway and there will only be arguements on here when people refuse to use his new name. I doubt TNA own the name

WWE already has a much more famous AJ. They can call him Garrison Styles or Gregory Styles.

Posted
They might as well just call him AJ Styles. Everyone is going to chant it at him anyway and there will only be arguements on here when people refuse to use his new name. I doubt TNA own the name

WWE already has a much more famous AJ. They can call him Garrison Styles or Gregory Styles.

Don't know if I would say she is much more famous. Definetly a lot more relevant at the moment and more well known with younger WWE fans, but on the whole I'd say more people know who Styles is. If anyone even vaguely knows what TNA is the they know who AJ Styles is. I'd say 80% of anyone who has been a wrestling fan in the past 8 years will know who he is

  • Moderators
Posted (edited)

That 80% figure you have plucked out of your arse sounds a tad on the high side to me.

 

There might be a lot of people with a vague awareness of who AJ Styles is but nigh on 100% of them will be as or more familiar with AJ Lee. In a Venn diagram of TNA viewership vs WWE viewership, the (much smaller) TNA viewers circle would be almost entirely inside the WWE viewers one.

Edited by Chest Rockwell
Posted

Yeah it was an out of my arse estimate, but it's just an estimate. Current viewership would deinfitnly lean more towards AJ, no doubting that. But on the whole I'd wager Styles is at least as well known as she is. The crowd at Raw there would be more people familiar with her of course, but I'd bet more of the Wrestlemania crowd would be familiar with Styles

  • Moderators
Posted (edited)

Yeah, but that crowd is only 2 days a year so they're pretty much nothing in the big scheme of things. AJ Lee wins for the other 363. Remember if you are in TNA you don't really exist in the public consciousness. Hence the stories of people saying to Kurt Angle about him being retired now.

 

Most of the crowd are WWE fans, not wrestling fans.

Edited by PowerButchi
  • Paid Members
Posted

It's not like the name/character AJ Styles has drawn a thing, so even if they want to make him a daft hick with a better name it won't matter. They're not turning a big star with a history of making a company money into a teeth licking stalker; that's counter productive.

Posted
Yeah it was an out of my arse estimate, but it's just an estimate. Current viewership would deinfitnly lean more towards AJ, no doubting that. But on the whole I'd wager Styles is at least as well known as she is. The crowd at Raw there would be more people familiar with her of course, but I'd bet more of the Wrestlemania crowd would be familiar with Styles

There's not a hope in hell that Styles is as well known as AJ. I don't think I've even ever seen any of her matches/segments (unless she's been at Wrestlemania the last couple of years) but I read the Raw reviews every week just to keep up with events and she was all over the show (sometimes the focal point) for months on end and is still in a pretty prominent position now. Considering Raw gets 3/4 times the viewers of Impact I'd say it's a safe assumption that more people know who AJ is out of the entire 2013 wrestling fanbase.

Posted
Yeah, but that crowd is only 2 days a year so they're pretty much nothing in the big scheme of things. AJ Lee wins for the other 363. Remember if you are in TNA you don't really exist in the public consciousness. Hence the stories of people saying to Kurt Angle about him being retired now.

 

Most of the crowd are WWE fans, not wrestling fans.

No that's a fair point, I was merely disputing that AJ is much more famous than AJ Styles in general. Sort of similar to the discussion about who would you book for an Indy show between Kelly Kelly and Jushin Liger that was on here a while ago. In the WWE universe AJ is clearly above AJ Styles, but on the whole I doubt she doesn't have more name value. AJ only made her debut in 2010, while Styles has been the face of TNA for years before that

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...