If the chair was put there without him knowing, that'd be bloody hilarious.

I hope the Benny Hill theme was playing as someone sneaks into the ring, hamming it up to the crowd telling them to SSH! with fingers on their lips and puts the chair into place.

Well I can't think of any other a reason a bloke not under contract would turn up and defend his belt for free.

Jeff Jarrett did that against Chyna in 1999 for a big one-off ball of money. If the promoter wants a title defence but the titleholder isn't contracted, they meet his terms to do the match.

Edited by King Pitcos

What's the context of that? Was the chair put there, kayfabe-wise, without Sting knowing, or did he fuck up?

If I remember, Bobby Roode had set the chair up to do something dastardly to Sting, who reversed and then forgot the chair was there, and hit it accidentally. You might have thought the ref could have warned him.

Even Sting makes mistakes!

What's the context of that? Was the chair put there, kayfabe-wise, without Sting knowing, or did he fuck up?

If I remember, Bobby Roode had set the chair up to do something dastardly to Sting, who reversed and then forgot the chair was there, and hit it accidentally. You might have thought the ref could have warned him.

Even Sting makes mistakes!

It wasn't a mistake. It was the planned finish. A way to have Roode beat Sting but not clean.

Yes, it was the finish. From a Victory Road 2012 report:

Roode spears Sting for 2. Roode then goes to the floor and grabs a chair. He slides it in, sets it up, and grabs Sting. He looks for a powerbomb, Sting fights, to the apron goes Roode and Sting pulls him back in and gets the death drop, but hits his own head on the chair. The crowd chants "Holy s***". Both men are down. Roode makes the cover and gets the victory.

Basically, a cheap win for Roode was the idea they were going for.

Edited by pgi86

• Paid Members
If the chair was put there without him knowing, that'd be bloody hilarious.

I hope the Benny Hill theme was playing as someone sneaks into the ring, hamming it up to the crowd telling them to SSH! with fingers on their lips and puts the chair into place.

Not the first time someone's thought of using the Benny Hill theme for a TNA angle.

(Yeah, this version doesn't actually have it, but the first one did, until TNA made him take it down.)

• Paid Members

Finally found Davari's TNA theme music. See if you find anything offensive about this anti-American muslims extremist character's opening.

Unbelievable someone actually thought that was a good idea. I remember there was a bit of an #AskDixie backlash over it. They dropped it soon after.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay