• Paid Members

Would you be able to clarify what "available" means? Could people upgrade their cable packages to get the channel, or is it just available in certain areas no matter what? I would assume it's the latter

With the 52% figure that's being bandied about, it's the number of homes that actually receive it (whether or not they watch it.) It doesn't include homes that could get it if they paid for a more expensive package on their system:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/08/23/list-of-how-many-homes-each-cable-networks-is-in-cable-network-coverage-estimates-as-of-august-2013/199072/

Taking a look through the main cable/satellite providers, it's on:

the middle and top of three packages on Comcast

the top package of three on Time Warner

the top three of six on DirectTV

the top package of three on Verizon

the top two of six on Dish Network

So pretty much anyone with satellite or cable could get it, but unless you already have the right package, you're talking in the $5 to $25 per month range to upgrade.

Edited by JNLister

• Paid Members

Maffew/Botchamania's twitter had a good #HowWillImpactEnd going last night.

Favourites included

* Cut to black reading 'Created By David Chase'

* Tenay and Taz find an antique watch under the announce desk, sell it at auction and become millionaires

* double count out

Somebody wakes up and it was all just a dream.

And then somebody else wakes up and that dream was also a dream. Because TNA have to go one step further.

Looks like TNA are about to make a big hire. According to PWInsider:

While appearing at the Signamania wrestling convention over the weekend, Alberto Del Rio told numerous fans that he would be working for both Lucha Underground and TNA in 2015.

So, where does he fit in TNA? Babyface or heel? Ricardo or no Ricardo?

• Paid Members

I'd like to see TNA drop an hour. Since NXT and Lucha Underground poped up, I've started to value a one hour show to the point where I dont even be arsed with Raw anymore. If TNA was an hour long, I'd probably watch every single week.

TNA really needs to spice the promotion up. You cant go on a lesser network looking like a shit version of the show on Spike. I'd like to see them drop an hour. And even do two one hour shows a week or something. And I'd love to see them change one of the announcers (Taz preferably). Looking at the Del Rio signing, it seems to me as if they are going to do long stretches of tapings and allow their wrestlers to work elsewhere. Which is what they always should have done. You could get wrestlers on the cheap then, so they could work PWG and Dreamers promotion and stuff. Even change the name. Everyone hates the TNA name. If you're going to revamp, they'll never get a better opportunity to change the name than now.

Everyone knows this new network is a massive step down. But the expectations TNA had were always lofty and a bit big time. If they can keep Lashley around (who is awesome right now), they could at least do some cool stuff in 2015. Big if, I suppose, but it really would be good to see TNA actually get some momentum and spice the roster up and get a different feel to the shows.

• Paid Members

This is definitely the time to change that rotten name. You can even keep calling the TV show Impact Wrestling to make sure the Spike viewers find them. Odds on though they'll call it something shit like Destination X Wrestling or DNA if they do change it.

I'll just be happy if they blow off some of the good stuff they have going at the moment. They definitely do need to sign Lashley if they can and have him keep Crossfacing fools with steel chairs until he wrestles Bobby Roode and has his showdown with MVP. I'll also be gutted if I don't get my Spud/EC3 blow off.

Edited by Benno

It really is true that one hour is the optimum time for a wrestling show. Top quality television dramas go for an hour a week for so many weeks, wrestling minds are not more capable of producing interesting television shows for longer than that.

They could even bring the time limit gimmick back. Hell, if it stops them having the same people on every week even better.

They really have to do some kind of relaunch though, even if it is just a soft one. At the moment they just seem like a shell of what they were. They need to change that. They need to become something so that you don't just tune in and think about the fact that they're no longer something else.