UKFF - WTF?!

Ronnie

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

You read it and thought "WTF?!" Which one of these still makes you think it?

- ajmcstyles complains about rude staff who wouldn't exchange his faulty shoes. It transpires he's been wearing them for three days and turned up to the shop wearing them.

- rocky64 near enough shouts someone's name from the rooftops whilst saying that it wouldn't be fair for him to out that individual as a gay man, then goes on to discuss homosexuality in wrestling.

- Pepper Plunge asks for advice on how to control his jealousy, demonstrated in his getting uppity at his girlfriend's having posters on the wall.

- Adam Bowler gets into a prolonged slanging match and later makes a thread to "make things right and listen to advice but i am NOT quitting" in which he predicatably starts arguing with people. A little later on we find that his show did indeed take place, drawing seven paid, and that there was a delay because he tried to fight the audience members and threatened to punch one of the wrestlers.

- Fludder99 gets upset that copyright law is being broken and insinuates that he will pursue legal action ... hypocritically, it turns out, because it's pointed out to him that he uses copyrighted footage himself.

- patdfb gets grumpy with Gladstone and tries to dismiss him with wit. Failure results as not only is his comment crushingly unfunny, but he gets the spelling wrong too. *

- Maxwell Murder gets angry at "dickwads" who don't pay their dues when getting a tattoo. He's not talking about money - it's a question of hierarchy and people who don't "deserve" to get tattoos on their hands and faces because they've only got sleeves.

- Rosegarden Funeral makes a million posts a day and then, seemingly unprompted, asks for his account to be deleted.

* I didn't have a clue what the attempted joke was in patdfb's comment so asked Gladders. Apparently he was trying to write "The World according to G(ladstone)-arp" as a play on the film "The World according to Garp". So, as G(lastone)-arp says, "even if he had got the parentheses correct, it would still be a terribly shit gag".

I think the tattoo thread, for similar reasons to the above poster, it really stuck in my mind. There's nothing as funny as people peacocking in their area of "expertise", mainly because we all do it, but this one was particularly bizarre.

I think the tattoo thread, for similar reasons to the above poster, it really stuck in my mind. There's nothing as funny as people peacocking in their area of "expertise", mainly because we all do it, but this one was particularly bizarre.

Same here. As someone with more than his fair share of ink, and having been around & involved in tattoo studios in various forms for quite a bit I found his opinions on the matter to be a tad bizarre as well.

Some of the stuff he was coming out with wasn't the sign of a man who knows his tattoo culture, but a man who was acting like a bit of a pr*ck if I'm being honest.

• Paid Members

Gone for the shoe story although the change in shoe size makes me go WTF. I remember Maxwell's rant but thought if he's responsible for the work then its understandable if what a customer requests goes against his principles. In the same way a chef wouldn't go with the customers designs of a dish, they get what they're given.

I remember Maxwell's rant but thought if he's responsible for the work then its understandable if what a customer requests goes against his principles. In the same way a chef wouldn't go with the customers designs of a dish, they get what they're given.

You do realise that your comparison of a tattooist & a chef is completely ridiculous, don't you?

Gone for the shoe story although the change in shoe size makes me go WTF. I remember Maxwell's rant but thought if he's responsible for the work then its understandable if what a customer requests goes against his principles. In the same way a chef wouldn't go with the customers designs of a dish, they get what they're given.

If you're using that analogy, it would be like a chef not serving a main course if you hadn't already had a starter.

If you're using that analogy, it would be like a chef not serving a main course if you hadn't already had a starter.

Pretty much.

• Paid Members

I had to go with Bowler.

His complete ineptitude and lack of self-awareness was just so surreal that it was fascinating to follow. It seemed to get more and more ridiculous as it went on as well, with him inventing wrestlers, Karaoke playing over the P.A for an entire show, and then him walking out of the next show because he wanted to fight the wrestlers. I'll say that again, the guy refused to run his OWN show! That isn't even getting into his fuckwittery on here, ignoring all the good, practical advice he was given, kicking off at people who were trying to help him, constantly bumping his threads to the point that Rick had to lock them, and generally acting like a complete nutter.

I feel bad for whoever was funding him (his parents?) as they must've lost a good bit of cash. Would've made a cracking documentary though.

• Paid Members

Bearing in mind that it's not the little tramp stamp or tribal band that he's considering too little but full-on sleeves I'd think a tighter analogy might be the chef refusing to serve you the king-size burger with bacon and cheese unless he knows you've already eaten the plain king-size a few times. It's barmy logic. I suspect it's rooted in facial and manual tattoos being so taboo in the past that the only people to get them would be those who had run out of canvas elsewhere, but still, it was 2012 when he said that and the taboo had long since passed.