UFC on FX 7: 'Belfort vs Bisping'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Come on, man, I get patriotism or whatever, but:

Have his testicles shrunk? Does he have a penis? He IS a penis, just because he is a penis does that mean he has a penis?

If I didn't know better, I'd swear a primary school kid said that in the playground. And he wants to talk about being a professional sportsman? I agree with him as far as Vitor's Jesus act and the shadiness of his recent TRT answers go though.

coming from a guy who's status is off a 'preofessional sportman' thats dressed up like a clown?

What's me being a fan of Freakshow got to do with anything? I wasn't having a go at you for liking Bisping, and me having Freakshow in my sig isn't me touting him as the ultimate "professional sportsman", I was just entertained by him on the Smashes. Fair play if you like Bisping, but calling him "the man" in response to that quote just seems off considering how contradictory his statements are, and that's all I was drawing attention to.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Bisping's hyping the fight and trying to create interest. It's as simple as that. He's known for acting up and stirring the pot leading up to a fight, and he openly admits he does it to create a buzz, and because he believes it gives him the advantage come fight night.

This is nothing new.

I have to admit, it sucks me in, I'm more excited about Belfort/Bisping than I was when they first announced it, so job done. I haven't heard him explain before that it's all just hype, so I genuinely just thought he was a dick. I'm in two minds here, because Bisping plays the heel so well. I'd like to see Belfort smash Bisping based on the last round of comments (up till now I thought that most of Bisping's barbs toward Vitor have been very valid), but do I go for the instant gratification, or do I want him to have success for the more gratifying destruction against Anderson? :devil:

• Paid Members

yeh i wasnt having a pop in any kind of way, it's all hype, i love it...and Michael Bisping's one of the best at it, he's a polarising character that splits crowds down the middle and i happen to sit on the side that likes him.

I love Freakshow as well. Any fighter that displays a bit of character and gives me something to root for or root against is alright in my book.

Any fighter that displays a bit of character and gives me something to root for or root against is alright in my book.

I am like that.

There is nothing worse for me when I go into a big fight and do not care about either fighter. I can enjoy the skill and competition aspect, but it is much more fun when you care.

Hence why I did get amped for Bendo vs Edgar, but am amped for Bisping vs Belfort. I like Vitor, but want Bisping to win as he really want him to get his title show after all these years.

• Paid Members
There is nothing worse for me when I go into a big fight and do not care about either fighter. I can enjoy the skill and competition aspect, but it is much more fun when you care.

Agreed. As much as I loathe Frank Mir, he's good for MMA. My MMA enjoyment is enhanced by him, everyone loves to root against someone they dislike, it's human nature. I have no ill will for him as a person, and I wouldn't wish to see him seriously hurt. But fuck is it fun watching him get smacked about :)

Fighters like Bisping, Mir, Sonnen, Rousey, Diaz, Hardy, Koscheck and going back a bit further - Lesnar and Ortiz, they are all great for the sport. Whether you love them or hate them is really irrelevant. They generate interest and provoke emotional reactions. That's what fight promotion has always been built on.

• Paid Members

Everyone made weight.

One fight we've been fairly quiet on is Diego Nunes vs Nik Lentz. A few of us touched on it but I really see that one as having show stealer written all over it. I've become a fan of both over the last couple of years. Both have a habit of being in exciting fights, both tough, both very technical in their respective styles and I love the contrast in how they fight. I'm looking forward to it a lot.

Gonzaga vs Rothwell intrigues me. Don't really know what to expect from that one, both have been up and down in form. I'll say this, Rothwell has got himself in tremendous shape over the last year or so. He's gone from flabby to pretty ripped.

Was surprised how much shorter Sarafian is than CB. Sarafian got a huge reaction, hope he wrecks CB.

Bisping and Belfort looked great.

Why does anyone like Bisping? The guy is an utter cunt. It'd be alright if he could use the hype excuse, but when anyone says anything back, he takes the huff. Every time. Guy's a total dickhead.

Personally, I wouldn't want to spend an evening in a pub with him, but I love the arrogance and confidence he has as a fighter. He's pretty much single-handedly turned this fight with Belfort into a must-see event.

Bisping is exactly the kind of hype character I can get excited about.

Why does anyone like Bisping? The guy is an utter cunt. It'd be alright if he could use the hype excuse, but when anyone says anything back, he takes the huff. Every time. Guy's a total dickhead.

Agreed, just look at the way he behaved after the Jorge Rivera fight. The guy is the perfect example of someone who can dish it out but can't take it. I suppose at least he makes me care about his fights though, even if it is with the hope of seeing him get Hendo'd again.

Archived