UFC on FX 7: 'Belfort vs Bisping'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Yeah they're full docs with all the talking heads (pretty much, although unsurprisingly there's no Ken Shamrock on the Gracie set), highlights and fancy on-screen graphics. They're all really well done.

The Royce doc is especially fun. Royce has a charisma he never showed in his fighting days and the doc serves as much as a piece on the birth of BJJ, MMA and the UFC as it does about Royce specifically. I got a kick out of seeing the original drawn up designs for the Octagon (back when UFC was to be called War Of The Worlds). And the choice of talking heads is great. From modern day fighters like GSP, Serra, Nog, Hughes, Liddell to Dana and Rogan to old school Royce victims Jason Delucia, Art Jimmerson, Keith bastard Hackney, Dan Severn (who delivered the line of the doc). They even got Art Davie in.

I loved it.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to love Bisping's personality lately and certainly feels more comfortable with the way his persona is percieved. He's certainly got the quickest wit in the UFC when it comes to slagging off opponents, while Chael's are mostly wrestling promo style stuff, he's owned the last few guys that have taken shots at him in the UFC.

If Bisping gets a takedown, hopefully the fight isn't stood back up straight away like Vitor Vs Anthony Johnson in Brazil last year, I was wanting Belfort to smash him but even I was getting pissed off after the ref would stand them up after 10 seconds because the crowd were booing.

Wait, so these DVDs are actual documentaries? I thought they were just a collection of fights! If there's a documentary portion similar to WWE DVDs then I might have to pick them up! There's loads of fighters I'd love to see get a documentary similar to what WWE do with guys like Punk. Randy could have the greatest DVD ever.

I didn't know that either. I'm still waiting for the Randy Couture one, I thought that would be one of the first ones out.

Had trouble picking the winner of Belfort/Bisping. The question to me is what Belfort's mentality is going up against Bisping who's lost to the big names he's previously fought against (Evans, Henderson, Wandy and Sonnen). Picked Bisping by decision but wouldn't be at all surprised if Belfort's stops him with strikes. If Bisping loses, I wonder who Silva gets next. Weidman is probably first choice then one of the Strikeforce Middleweights perhaps? Can't see Belfort getting a rematch with Silva on a win over Bisping.

• Paid Members
Bisping who's lost to the big names he's previously fought against (Evans, Henderson, Wandy and Sonnen).

Although I brought that point up myself in this thread, in fairness to Bisping, the Evans and Sonnen fights really could have gone either way.

I scored the Sonnen fight 29-28 for Bisping. The Rashad fight I can't remember who I had winning, haven't seen it in years but I remember thinking Bisping might win before the scores were read out.

So it's not like he completely chokes in big fights (like serial chokers Florian and Marquardt). He's had some very strong showings against top level opposition. He's still yet to actually get the W at that level though. And I have trouble picturing a guy who was taken to a competitive decision in a stand up fight by a grappler in Dan Miller, and got rocked by Rivera and Akiyama, coping with a fast, explosive, powerful striker like Vitor Belfort.

Yeah the Sonnen fight was close, probably Bisping's best performance against a big name. Can't remember the Evans fight so I won't pass comment on that. Like I said, I found this fight a tough one to call going back and forth on it. I expect the same for Aldo/Edgar which is my most anticipated fight so far in 2013.

And I have trouble picturing a guy who was taken to a competitive decision in a stand up fight by a grappler in Dan Miller, and got rocked by Rivera and Akiyama, coping with a fast, explosive, powerful striker like Vitor Belfort.

I think he has improved since then.

I am going to judge him on the Sonnen fight, where I felt he lost, but it was debatable. He was very good that night. Stann did catch him and really with how much I believe Bisping to have improved, he really should have not have been.

I think he will be sharp as a tack as long as if he does not let emotion get the better of him. He needs to be as if Belfort connects clean once early, I doubt he will be let off the hook.

• Paid Members

Another thing to consider is Bisping can sometimes be a slow starter. He usually takes a bit of time to find his groove which has led to some hairy moments for him like when he got caught cold early on in the Kang and Sexyama fights.

Belfort is the total contrast, he's probably one of the strongest starters in MMA history. Which is why most of his fights end early. If Bisping starts slow against Belfort it could be curtains.

That's what makes this fight so intriguing. They are polar opposites. Belfort starts out like a rocket and fades down the stretch, Bisping starts slow but gets stronger and picks up momentum and pace as the fight goes on.

• Paid Members

:laugh: What the balls has he done? That looks cack.

Bisping's talking some more...

On fan support

"I'm shocked. I'm getting a lot of respect. I'm getting a lot of people rooting for me and not Vitor, surprisingly. With that said, I'm still expecting them to boo me on Saturday night. But a lot of people are saying to me, 'Fuck Vitor! Kill that motherfucker!' Seriously, I've got it on video of them chanting it at the mall yesterday. But yeah, I'm still expecting to get booed, of course."

On Vitor

"I'll be honest: I'm very disappointed. I could be a little controversial here, but for someone who talks about honor and respect and fucking Jesus and the Bible and all that, he's been busted for steroids in the past, he's dodging questions about TRT, and obviously he sounds like he's on it. Otherwise he'd just be answering the question.

"That's disappointing. That said, I'm focused on what I'm going to do. It's going to be a tough fight, but he could be on fucking rocket fuel for all I care. Saturday night he's in for an ass-kicking."

On Vitor fading in fights

"It's not that simple. I'm expecting Vitor to be able to go five rounds. He fought Jon (Jones) not that long ago, so some of that conditioning is going to carry over into this camp. But from what I hear, he's lost a lot of muscle mass, so that's going to influence his stamina.

"As fights go on, I generally get stronger, even in sparring. Don't get me wrong, though. I can finish this guy in the first round as well. I know I haven't had the one-punch knockouts or whatever in the UFC. I've had plenty in my career before the UFC, but I had them before the UFC. So who knows, you could see that Saturday night. But if I were to predict? Third- or fourth-round TKO."

Seems fired up and, smartly, doesn't appear to be counting on Vitor gassing.

Archived