Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

Patriot on Austin's show was good value. Loved Austin self consciously trying to get in the fact that he'd done his fair share of drugs, every time Wilkes was going on about how bad his addiction was. Like a teenager claiming he'd been pissed lots of times.

Austin's nostril breathing got very annoying about mid way through as well.

One of things these Austin podcasts with ex-wrestlers illustrates is just how many guys are lucky to be alive...I know wrestlers are prone to hyperbole, but fuck me, the amount of drugs guys like Douglas and Wilkes were ingesting is enough to take down an elephant.

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

Just listening to Flair's podcast with Foley, I know it wasn't meant to be funny but I pissed myself when Foley is talking about how good a wrestling mind Eddie Gilbert had and what a nice bloke he was when Flair just blurts out 'what did he die of? Pills?'

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed the Del Wilkes interview. Cheers for the tip chaps. Really was eye opening. Herbie's mention of lame "god stuff" is really unecessary. It's brief and quite interesting. I'm not remotely religious but if someone can turn their life around to that extent through belief then who am I to judge?

I'm finding the Flair/Bret pod a massive chore. Flair just waffles on over everything. Bret can barely get a word in. Painful listening so far.

• Paid Members

Found the bit on Flairs podcast with Foley, where Foley said he'd been texting Charlotte after her NXT matches bloody hilarious. Consistently creepy bastard is Mick.

Finished listening to the Del Wilkes interview yesterday. Was really interesting, and I agree with Rick regards the god stuff. He didn't harp on it too long or try and shove any kind of beliefs forward and if that is what it took for him to turn his life around then so be it.

The kickstarter for the doc has made it's target and there are still 3 weeks to go on it. I'm tempted to donate towards it as after listening to that interview I do want to see the documentary. A pledge of $40 (£25) gets you the 2 disc DVD of the doc, your name on the credits and an autographed 8x10, which I don't think is too bad

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

I avoided Flair's podcast until I seen the positive feedback on hear and the 2 I've listened to are fantastic. I listened to Austins podcast with Axl Rotten and I hate too rag on some one who is down on his luck but he came across as delusional with his I'm a good wrestler pish. I've seen the matches he put forward as examples and the all shite.

Finished listening to the Del Wilkes interview yesterday. Was really interesting, and I agree with Rick regards the god stuff. He didn't harp on it too long or try and shove any kind of beliefs forward and if that is what it took for him to turn his life around then so be it.

The kickstarter for the doc has made it's target and there are still 3 weeks to go on it. I'm tempted to donate towards it as after listening to that interview I do want to see the documentary. A pledge of $40 (£25) gets you the 2 disc DVD of the doc, your name on the credits and an autographed 8x10, which I don't think is too bad

I too enjoyed the interview with Wilkes and if I had the spare cash Id have made a donation.

Jericho has been the stand out again for me recently. I've got over my "he's an unbearable twat" thinking recently and while I still think he is, he seems to get the best out of his guests and I find myself enjoying his show the most at the moment. His interview with Big Show was ace.

I also really enjoyed JR and Mike Tenay. It reminded me how much I liked Tenay before he was lead announcer for TNA. Could have listened to those two chat for hours, so I'm looking forward to part two next week.

• Paid Members

That reminds me of Bruce Prichard telling this long story about Matt Bourne and Hawk saying he looks like Krusty The Clown and Austin is waiting for the punchline and Prichard starts laughing, as if the story is over. Then Austin just says "but who the hell is Krusty the Clown?" I remember finding that so funny. Prichard and Austin went down a pop culture cul de sac and Austin had no clue who Krusty was.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay