Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

I quite like Alvarez and still think that F4W/WO is worth the money. However, Wrestling Observer Live is abysmal. Everything from the 2 minute segments to the sucession of mouth-breathers who phone in make it unbearable. I found Todd Martin dull as ditchwater and much prefer Tom Lawlor, who actually has a personality, as the new weekly guest.

I quite like Alvarez and still think that F4W/WO is worth the money. However, Wrestling Observer Live is abysmal. Everything from the 2 minute segments to the sucession of mouth-breathers who phone in make it unbearable. I found Todd Martin dull as ditchwater and much prefer Tom Lawlor, who actually has a personality, as the new weekly guest.

Are you saying you WOULDN'T want to spend an evening with Ryan from Cumberland, Maryland?

I don't think PW Insider or The Torch can touch the Observer for the quality of their output. That's mainly because of Meltzer, but I still think Alvarez does a good job getting the best of him. Meltzer is never any good on the LAW and I can't stand his 18 hour podcasts with Sempervive where they just go in circles taking 20 minutes to spit out a point - and even then it'll sound like it got recorded underwater and won't get uploaded for half a week because Sempervive has the tech skills of your Nan.

:laugh: they are so bad when he records them. Not SCG eardrum-destruction levels, but still.

Gave the New Gen Podcast a go on the recommendation of a few on here and its really good. Obviously im going to give an example of what i dont like first and that would be the main guy (Simon is it?) he's a right bloody know all isnt he and the way he says "raisen" instead of "reason" is fuckin infuriating. The other two (Paul and Adam) seem like top blokes.

Totally done with AE podcast now, awful compared to New Gen and OSW.

Looking forward to the part 2 of Razor on Austins show too, great part 1. I could listen to Razor all day.

Edited by Fanny Pack

• Paid Members

New Gens host is Stewart Brookes. I think he's a know it all because he's the only one of the three who really watch the product during that period. The host should really be a know it all, to give guide and context. They all have lovely voices. Survivor Series 1996 drops on Wednesday which should be great.

• Paid Members

Yeah he's very good apart from i feel he speaks down to the other 2 lads on occasions, like "thanks for your opinion lads but here is my opinion and that matters the most".

I think I've heard so many of them, I don't even notice. What ep you listening from.

Yeah he's very good apart from i feel he speaks down to the other 2 lads on occasions, like "thanks for your opinion lads but here is my opinion and that matters the most".

I think I've heard so many of them, I don't even notice. What ep you listening from.
Ive been a bit sporadic, ive done...

KOTR 94 and 96.

Mind Games

Buried Alive

Rumble 95 and 96

Mania 10 and 12

Good Friend Better Enemys

All the Raw vs Nitros.

Some really funny stuff and there and found loads of stuff i had no idea happened.

Never really touched on 96 WWF, Cornette was great.

...just seen that Stewart dude has tweeted saying he is getting some negative feedback. Feel a bit shit now.

Edited by Fanny Pack

• Paid Members

Yeah it's worth starting at end if 94 when the audio gets spot on. It got really fun in 1995 when the hosts found themselves and the 1996 reviews have been superb.

You have to give the Baywatch/Thunder in Paradise episode a go.

Yeah it's worth starting at end if 94 when the audio gets spot on. It got really fun in 1995 when the hosts found themselves and the 1996 reviews have been superb.

You have to give the Baywatch/Thunder in Paradise episode a go.

Will do man. What do the Corporation finish on in 95? SummerSlam 95 is another one ive done and they are 0-12!