UKFF Hip Hop Thread

Chest Rockwell

Ahh, that's shit news. I know it's a cliche, but I was literally just listening to him yesterday. I mentioned the other day about my dad listening to R A The Rugged Man. I asked him what he'd liked best and one of his favourites was Freedom Form Flowing.

Blazing Arrow was big with me and my friends back in our sixth from days too. Make You Feel That Way was a favourite of mine and the first girl I properly loved. We used to listen to it all the time. 

One of my best festival memories is us watching Blackalicious at Reading. Like @Chest Rockwell this has hit hard. Lot of memories.

Well that is just awful. One of the most naturally talented rappers I have ever heard, and had the privilege to see live. 

Nia, as said elsewhere, is just an INCREDIBLE album, and came out just at the right time for me. Soulful and heartfelt it still sounds modern today.

Gift Of Gab will probably always be best known for Alphabet Aerobics, and rightly so. So often corny in its concept, this isn't and is an MC at the peak of his artistry. Even my kids love it! (But more the Daniel Radcliffe performance which is good tbf)

Will have a listen to Nia and Blazing Arrow tonight. 

A few rarer cuts that I've always enjoyed. 

Absolutely love that last one. Gab sounds so well suited on it.

He was ill for a while apparently, I don't have an answer for the issues that have surrounded these deaths but man, another rapper not living into his old age is a tragedy. 

Edit: what a fantastic description 

Edited by SuperBacon

• Paid Members

Oh my goodness. I was just talking to somebody on Facebook. About how I like Gift. That's such a shame. 

So... Kayslay has a new album out featuring a 40 minute track featuring 111 rappers called Rolling 110 Deep

(427) DJ Kayslay - Rolling 110 Deep [Official Video] - YouTube

Sheek Louch / Styles P / Dave East / Crooked I / Black Thought / Raekwon / Ghostface / Inspectah Deck / Papoose / Loaded Lux / AZ / Bun B / Fred the Godson / Jim Jones / Ransom / Rah Digga / Billy Danze / Lil Fame / Trae Tha Truth / Joell Ortiz / Lord Tariq / Cory Gunz / Peter Gunz / Shaq Diesel / Roy Jones jr / DJ Kayslay & Kool DJ Red Alert / Redman / Young Buck / MC Serch / Big Daddy Kane / MC Shan / KRS1 / Jon Connor / Twista / Drag-On / Chris Rivers / Nino Man / LockSmith / 3D Natee / Trick Trick / Tragedy Khadafi / E-A-Ski / Cassidy / Bumpy Knuckles / Gillie the King / Ice T / Treach / Kool G Rap / Lil Cease / RJ Payne / JR Writer / Shoota 93 / Ms Hustle / Vado / Mysonne / Mistah F.A.B. / Saigon / Melle Mel / Grandmaster Caz / Havoc / Tracey Lee / E.D.I. Mean / Young Noble / MC Gruff / Stan Spit / Sick Flo / Fredro Starr / Sticky Fingaz / Rass Kass / Termanology / DJ DooWop / Junior Reid / Oun P / Merkules / Wais P / Maino / Uncle Murda / PT Capone / Tony Starks / Mike Cee / Royal Flush / Super Lover Cee / Page Kennedy / Rockness / Gunplay / Sadat X / Grand Puba / Lord Jamar / Sonja Blade / Coke La Rock / Greg Nice / Smooth B / Consequence / Millyz / OT The Real / Ron Artest / Kaflow / Tone Trump / Hocus 45th / Omar Epps / Bodega Bamz / Bynoe / PTKNY / Aobie / King Kirk / Big Dubez / Tony Moxberg / Styleon / Chuck D / Sauce Money

Edited by Marc Ambush Solo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...