UKFF Hip Hop Thread

Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

Stumbled upon this album by J.Arrr that came out last week called ‘Broken Easel’. Never heard of him before and only even checked it out because there’s a Ransom feature on it but it’s really good in its own right. One track off it;

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

The new Ransom and Rome Streetz album ‘Coup De Grace’ came out today. Gave it a spin in the car on the way home from work and I’m loving it so far.

The opening track ‘No Remorse’;

And ‘Claudine’ featuring Che Noir;

Whole thing is worth a listen though. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

My sister has been one of my hip-hop gurus in my journey of discovery, and, upon hearing that I like lyricists, pointed me in the direction of this battle between Quantum Physics and Qleen Paper - QP vs. QP as it was billed. It's a bit old, but some of the bars are amazing:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Anyone heard anything good lately? I’ve been a little bit out of the loop but caught this new Pusha T track recently which I liked, don’t think much of the backup dancer here though;

And while I’ve mostly burned out on the Griselda lot massively, and I’m not much of a J Cole fan, this Benny The Butcher and J Cole song was a really pleasant surprise.

Best thing I’ve heard from Benny in ages. He’s got ‘Tana Talk 4’ coming out soon (March I think) so I’m hoping this is a sign of things to come, hopefully it won’t turn out to just be the one highlight on another disappointing project. His last one with 38 Spesh was a massive letdown. The fact he’s named it ‘Tana Talk 4’ is gonna naturally have it compared to ‘Tana Talk 3’ which was ace, so I hope it delivers. 

Speaking of letdowns, Conway’s long talked about album ‘God Don’t Make Mistakes’ came out yesterday and I found it very, very…average. I can always do without Rick Ross turning up so him featuring instantly knocked points off. Lil Wayne doesn’t do it for me either. Bit of a weird one as a whole. It wasn’t terrible, and I found the second half better than the first, but I can’t see it getting much play from me in the future.

What have you heard? 

Edited by wandshogun09