UKFF Hip Hop Thread

Chest Rockwell

Yeah, I've played the Conway album through a couple of times and really liked it, especially the Ludacris feature and I REALLY like the actual Griselda track, as it's so out there as a sample (I think it's a sample) but I probably couldn't differentiate any of the past years worth of albums they've put out, but again, I get why they're doing it.

I'll give the Kweli/Diamond D album a bash, although I've really cooled on Kweli as an MC as I think hes fucking boring (as well as being a bit of a nobhead-but that doesn't limit who I listen to) and hope the production is tight.

I revisited Canibus debut album this morning and I dont care, I love that album. It's so fucking stupid in places (when he starts monetizing dicks sucked on Ni**anometry) and dated (him downloading fucking secret files off a government computer or whatever in the intro is so funny) but I just really love it.

I also love that he then buried it on 2000BC "You mad at the last album, I apologise for it, yo I cant call it, motherfucking Wyclef spoiled it" but then changes his mind on 100 Bars with "Fuck The Source shit, and fuck what ya'll think, my albums gold cos my album was the bomb shit".

Joker.

Edited by SuperBacon
pedantry

On 3/20/2021 at 11:43 AM, SuperBacon said:

Fat Joe turns up and delivers one of the worst guest appearances I have ever heard, managing to name check Harvey Weinstein, the Wuhan virus (ffs) and "moving keys like a janitor" in 2021. I love a bit of early Joe, but I can rap a better verse than that.

Still stand by this.

3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

(when he starts monetizing dicks sucked on Ni**anometry) 

I have to come back to this and post the song as it's just so fucking stupid and funny.

Now if a bitch sucks yo' dick for five dollars per square inch,and gets forty dollars, including a five dollar tip
How big was the dick she just sucked? (Say what?)
Say how big was the dick she just sucked? (What?)

By my Maths (I'm adding the tip on, so she got $45 in total), the dick she sucked was 8 SQUARE inches. Someone as smart as Canibus could've worked that out easily.

I love rap.

9 hours ago, deathrey said:

How sad, it's really no age at all.

Feels like rappersbare passing away at the rate of pro-wrestlers at the moment.

I recently saw a video about 200 (!!!) rappers who died in 2020 alone... Now most were unknown, only known locally... But still... 200!!! And most of them died by being shot! It's really crazy...

(310) 200 Rappers Who Died In 2020 [Rap Rewind 2020] - YouTube

Any way... I always liked I Dare You and You Don't Know Me the most of his debut album... 

R.I.P.

What an awful shame. Shock G was one of my favourite people to see interviewed, he was always just so interesting and honest.

I remember thinking "What in the actual fuck is this?" ths first time I ever heard Sex Packets, it was such a mad record to me, and still is.

It can't be underestimated how not "fun" hip hop was at that time. To come out with something like that, it do well  and be a great album, is to be applauded always. 

Gave Pac his break too.

True innovator.

Fucking love this song: 

Edited by SuperBacon

• Moderators

In unrelated but shockingly coincidental news I heard Humpty Hump has died also. RIP.

PS for anyone who hadn't heard his post digital underground stuff, fear of a mixed planet is great as my mate has just reminded me. I'm going to listen to it now for the first time in years...

Edited by Chest Rockwell