Rebuilding the WWE in Five ways or less

Fatty Facesitter

1. Start looking for talent in the MMA scene. From retired guys who still look the part but can't compete at a high level anymore to relatively unknown guys who just look the part with an athletic background. Someone like Popek Rak could be the anti Ryback. They would be quick to train, have camera experience and be off to a good start with legitimate creditionals.

2. I'm not entirely sure how the road agent system works but I would have one road agent between five or six guys. Make it their job to groom those guys, collect worthwhile ideas character wise for them to take back to the creative team and help keep people fresh. If someone seems stale, switching their agent could make a difference.

3. End the brand split, and trim the amount of titles. WWE Champion, Intercontinental Champion, Television Title, Tag Team Champion, Divas

4. Stop wasting time pushing non wrestlers. I don't care about Cole, AJ, Vickie, Teddy etc so don't give them time that could be used for establishing wrestlers

5. A better structure of how they want to use their wrestlers. Pick five faces and five heels, then protect them to fuck. More jobbers. No one gives a fuck about them, but your not supposed to. They look at the lights for the real guys making you money. A more solid hirachy of wrestler's standing in the company would make it easier to push people. Have six month plans for each wrestler.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
1. Start looking for talent in the MMA scene. From retired guys who still look the part but can't compete at a high level anymore to relatively unknown guys who just look the part with an athletic background. Someone like Popek Rak could be the anti Ryback. They would be quick to train, have camera experience and be off to a good start with legitimate creditionals.

Camera experience? When you train MMA you don't practise working for the hard camera. Just looked up Popek Rak, how good's his English? Do you want him there as he had his eyeball tattooed? I'm not sure that someone who's only picked up two wins in MMA in Fackin' Cage Rage On The Fackin' Cobbles, 'Ave A Banana four years ago would be a super duper investment who'd be guaranteed to be easier to train, know how to work for the hard camera and the other intangibles required to be a success in the world of mainstream US wrestling.

• Paid Members

Admittedly I'm not an MMA follower, but I've never even heard of Popek Rak. Looking him up, what exactly does he offer aside from looking like a complete and utter mental? Might be worth throwing this one open to wandshogun, see if he knows much about him.

• Paid Members
Admittedly I'm not an MMA follower, but I've never even heard of Popek Rak. Looking him up, what exactly does he offer aside from looking like a complete and utter mental? Might be worth throwing this one open to wandshogun, see if he knows much about him.

He's got a load of tattoos and last fought in 2008 where he got beat into the ground by a bloke who took so much from the win it springboarded him into a fight where he got a good kicking in his next two fights in no time. He's go so much upside, I'm surprised Vince hasn't got him on the roster now.

popek_470.jpeg

Look. Tattoos.

• Moderators

Yeah. Why wouldn't you go for someone like Josh Barnett who achieved at a high level, is already a more than competent pro wrestler, bums pro wrestling so much it beggars belief, and is a quality talker?

Or you can go for, you know, tattoos.

• Paid Members
EBB and Wand may have heard of him, but the name "Popek Rak" did not ring any bells.

He's a polish rapper, who got into MMA and hasn't fought in years. He has his eyes tattooed, so he's essentially a gimmick, rather than a real fighter. Only people who are into Polish musicians or get hard ons for people with shit tattoos will have heard of him. He had 3 fights. 2 for Cage Rage and one for a group called FX3.

This dumb bitch also has a massive scar down his face which he got put on himself because he's a fucking freak.

popek.jpg

• Paid Members
Would WWE even have someone like that on their PG TV shows, even if he was any good, looking like that?

They might. WWE usually enjoys exposing the likes on him as soft shites. They could probably put him with Zack and Santino and say he got his scar when he got bit by Santino's cobra. While wearing a dress.

Honour the brand split. I like Zigglar, Sheamus, Punk, Daniel Bryan and many more of the talents, but seeing them 2-3 times a week is overkill! Have a limit of 1 TV appearance a week on average, occasional exceptions would be fine, but I don't want to see the same guys and 4 different champions every show.

• Paid Members

Since they implemented the Raw 'Supershow' concept, whereby all the top stars appear on Raw, but only half of them appear on SmackDown, it's only furthered to accelerate the decline of the blue brand. I've almost stopped watching it altogether, because anyone who's any good on it will be on Raw anyway. It's an extended Superstars episode. Which makes Superstars super-redundant. I haven't watched Superstars regularly since they binned the Masterpiece anyway.

So yeah, sort the brand split out. Do it properly or not at all.

Archived