Rebuilding the WWE in Five ways or less

Fatty Facesitter

Not my job to sort the logistics, lol :) Point 4 is more about spreading the workload more evenly. Right now, on TV and house shows, it seems like everyone needs to be on every show. Honestly, I find it tedious. Even when someone on the uppe card is injured, they still find a way to shoehorn them onto TV. If a guy is involved in a beatdown angle or particularly gruelling match on TV, let him off for a week, give the antagonist the time to hype the angle, so the comeback from the face is a bigger deal, You can still have him appear on local TV to push house show sales, just sell the angle. It's a case of spreading name talent across several houseshows, and finding imaginative ways to keep them in the public eye without exhausting their appeal. I'm tripping over myself explaining it. Apologies.

Point 5) would be workable if it were available to workers to attend in their own time, as well as compulsory visits following wellness failures and returns from injury. The PR would be great for WWE, especially in the light of the frequent drugs and death scandals that dog the company. Regular quarterly checkups would probably be a minimum, without impinging too much on their current travel schedule.

All 5 of my points were based on 2 things - economy and wellness. WWE needs to save money in certain places, so it can solidify its future in the current economic climate (despite the fact it is still in profit, due mainly to merchandise sales, it surely can't go so little affected by the economic downturn forever) and reinvest elsewhere. WWE is essentially the only game in town, so I feel it should be making steps to make sure that game stays strong, and that involves looking after the talent that makes it money.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the double post, but re: pop-up promos, are those who don't like the idea not fans of the concept, or the content? A bad promo is a bad promo, and I'd rather it was done and dusted with other stuff going on than taking up TV time while they struggle through it live. Keep things shorter, and hopefully things will be sweeter.

Not my job to sort the logistics, lol :) Point 4 is more about spreading the workload more evenly. Right now, on TV and house shows, it seems like everyone needs to be on every show. Honestly, I find it tedious. Even when someone on the uppe card is injured, they still find a way to shoehorn them onto TV. If a guy is involved in a beatdown angle or particularly gruelling match on TV, let him off for a week, give the antagonist the time to hype the angle, so the comeback from the face is a bigger deal, You can still have him appear on local TV to push house show sales, just sell the angle. It's a case of spreading name talent across several houseshows, and finding imaginative ways to keep them in the public eye without exhausting their appeal. I'm tripping over myself explaining it. Apologies.

There isn't name talent to spread across several house shows though. The idea of scaling back the name talent they do have is risky. Long-term planning is fine, but there's no point in crippling the short-term for it because cripples sometimes die before they get better.

Sorry for the double post, but re: pop-up promos, are those who don't like the idea not fans of the concept, or the content? A bad promo is a bad promo, and I'd rather it was done and dusted with other stuff going on than taking up TV time while they struggle through it live. Keep things shorter, and hopefully things will be sweeter.

Both. Almost any promo in that style is going to be bad by today's standards, and at best would be irrelevant and do nothing for the wrestler. It's too limited, and better suited to completely over the top cartoon characters, which WWE doesn't really have many of.

Wonder if I can manage five...

1. WWE's current problems didn't come about in days, weeks, months or even years. Therefore they're not going to be put right in days, weeks or even years. Taking a breath, realising this and not blasting through ideas, storylines or talent when they don't turn the company around in a fortnight would make a world of difference.

2. If something works, roll with it. In times of crisis the natural instinct is to clamp down on all aspects of a business. The smart move is to relax and allow those within the business a bit more leeway in case they come up with something brilliant. I could run through the laundry list of talent that became superstars in this fashion but everyone knows them so I won't.

3. Veteran talent... Half the roster looks like they would be asked for ID buying a scratchcard. There's a wealth of talented wrestlers out there with years of experience and plenty of name value. A few choice hirings would give the roster some depth and variety, give the younger guys and girls someone to learn from and maybe even entice a few casual fans back.

4. I'm going to beat the tag team division gong as well. Do it right and it's a breeding ground for talent that can pack out the mid card and main event for years to come. Link in point four and bring in a veteran tag team or two as well. A dozen full time tag teams might only yield one or two main eventers but that's still one or two more than they currently have.

5. Stop thinking of wrestlers as actors. Instead go with the mind set that they're like comedians, musicians or variety performers. The best ones spend years honing their craft and character all over the world. Versatility is important but there's no sense in taking all of that hard work and effort and throwing it away. Work with them to help them fit into your roster, knock a few corners off if need be, but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Damn, just make it more interesting. To me thats the problem, it's boring. Same wrestlers fighting the same people, characters no fucker cares about, just no direction.

Say, bam, here's 5 people we're gonna push like fuck, heel or face, make them individual, pimp their abilities/qualities/heelishness ANYTHING. Make them win on TV, cut promos, have opinions. Give them character.

Keep the filler interesting. Have a few of storylines going, hey even if they're shite storylines it would be an improvement. Think how it's gonna start, stay interesting, then end. Make the undercard titles sought after. Have the most promising rookies exchange the undercard belts.

Wrestlers are called superstars often enough. Christ, make them superstars. Individual, interesting, superstars.

An main issue i see is the lack of main eventers, at the moment there is two main eventers Punk and Cena. Everyone else is at the same level. It says it when we have had 11 different main eventers this year. But only 1 has been without Cena.

WWE is so broken it's not possible to list just 5. One I don't think anyone has mentioned though is to ditch the fucking General Manager idea. Just have a Jack Tunney type figure turn up for the big decisions. I know the booking team will have know Idea how to put together a show without a GM but maybe it will force them to freshen up the presentation of the show and take new risks. No GM would also mean more time for the actual wrestlers, the show wouldn't rely on interaction between the main eventers and authority idiots all the time and free up time for midcard storylines/promos. And remember when wrestlers had gimmicks? Bring them back.

5 off the top of my head:1) More men with massive muscles.2) More women with massive tits.3) More tag teams with matching pants.4) More storylines for undercard guys- hardly anybody should be having a match 'just because'.5) More colourful characters.

I'll definitely go with that one. To many weedy looking so and so's these days. The wellness policy is detrimental to a larger than life physique. Get them back on those Nandrolones, Somatropins, Genotropins and Testosterones.

To be fair if wrestlers stopped trying so hard to look like fucking wrestlers the lack of physique wouldn't be as much of an issue. They all seem to wear those short tight things. Fuck knows why.

Whenever I tune in I'm bored because there's hardly any characters, there's a bunch of cocky good looking chaps in tights wrestling to see who wins the match. Who tunes into wrestling for that? Give them some off the wall characters, if they all look so cookie cutter then give them colourful attires, give them something more than simply being a wrestler. Bringing back an updated version of character building vignettes might be something. They want to make movies, make mini movies for colourful characters. Go for surreal, over the top, camp fun.

People say all this bollocks about letting the wrestlers be themselves but I have the feeling they're all probably boring fuckers.

• Paid Members
People say all this bollocks about letting the wrestlers be themselves but I have the feeling they're all probably boring fuckers.

I don't know. Whenever I see the likes of Sheamus or Dolph Ziggler outside WWE promoting stuff they always come across better than when they're on WWE telly.

Hopefully WWE throw some money at Batista soon. Punk can only dream of being the mega heel Batista was during his last few months in WWE.

Archived