Raw discussion. 15/10/12 ***Spoilers***

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

And Samoa Joe looked less like a capable hardcase and more like a toady boob when they stopped booking him like a capable hardcase and he started losing, so I don't know what your point was in that regard. Being good at what he did meant fuck all when he had an ornate cock on his forehead.

I think Maxwell's point is "CM Punk worked for ROH and has tattoos so he should always win, fuck Ryback lol." It's just a point he's made badly.Unless he genuinely believes an unstoppable monster gimmick isn't hurt by the unstoppable monster being stopped in their very first test. In which case, the only point he's making is "maxwell_murder doesn't know what the fuck he's on about." And that's a point he makes well and often.

I think Maxwell's point is "CM Punk worked for ROH and has tattoos so he should always win, fuck Ryback lol." It's just a point he's made badly.Unless he genuinely believes an unstoppable monster gimmick isn't hurt by the unstoppable monster being stopped in their very first test. In which case, the only point he's making is "maxwell_murder doesn't know what the fuck he's on about." And that's a point he makes well and often.

I like Ryback and never said anything like that you plank. How long do people think he could actually remain undefeated for? Should he beat the Rock at the Rumble? If they are going to pin him it makes perfect sense for it to be in HIAC against the champion. Would you have him drop the belt back in a rematch after a few month reign? THAT would do more harm

Streaks can be a double edge sword, they can establish a guy quickly as a threat which is always good but at some point they have to lose (not saying ryback should or shouldn't now) but depending how they lose can be a gpod angle and plan like Lesnar losing to show was part of a big bigger story with Heyman and Angle leading to mania. But each superstar and case its different and can't be judged on previous streaks.

Who was the first person to beat Lesnar? It was Taker wasn't it? He basically was unstoppable right up until the moment he hit the absolute top tier. And Taker was far from being his first main event opponent.

• Paid Members

After seeing this thread grow with all the Ryback talk I caught the last 15 mins of Raw with the contract signing yesterday (first wrestling I've seen since Lesnar's return match). Didn't notice any reaction for Ryback at all when he came out - 90% of the audience were sat on their hands. Cena got 10 times the pop. From the way he's been spoken about in here I was expecting to witness the second coming of stone cold instead of a gurning meathead. Assuming he gets much bigger pops for his matches as there was none of the white heat mentioned here in that closing segment (though him slamming Punks head on the table was pretty amusing).

• Paid Members

I like Ryback and never said anything like that you plank. How long do people think he could actually remain undefeated for? Should he beat the Rock at the Rumble? If they are going to pin him it makes perfect sense for it to be in HIAC against the champion. Would you have him drop the belt back in a rematch after a few month reign? THAT would do more harm

How so? At least if he has a few month run it'll establish him as a legitimate Main Eventer. Losing now, ESPECIALLY in a Hell in a Cell, will just underline that he's not good enough for the Main Event, and that'll kill him.Hell in a Cell is really the worst match for them to have at this stage. If Ryback can't beat Punk when they are locked inside a Cell and there's no disqualifications then they are going to have to come up with something really good to avoid making him look like a out of his depth midcarder.As it is(spoiler for last nights RAW)

Archived