Jump to content

The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread


EdgarTheSlouch

Recommended Posts

Posted

The rumours at the time as to why Rock didn’t want to work with HBK were because a young Shawn Michaels was disrespectful to his Grandad & Grandma year’s earlier.

Earlier this year on Jericho’s podcast, he and Dave Meltzer discussed Rock having a problem with HBK after Montreal due to his closeness with Bret.

  • Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted

Considering many of the absolute cretins in the wrestling business, you wonder how someone who's seemingly as sound as The Rock managed to not only survive but thrive for so long.

Posted
15 minutes ago, David said:

Considering many of the absolute cretins in the wrestling business, you wonder how someone who's seemingly as sound as The Rock managed to not only survive but thrive for so long.

Well, he got out as soon as he could unlike so many of his mentally ill peers. 

Posted
35 minutes ago, Brewster McCloud said:

Hmmm. "Next thing you know, he's on the floor and Dwayne's on top of him." Were there any other witnesses to this? The Rock doesn't seem like the backstage hardman type. 

Many times the backstage hardmen aren't the ones who need worrying about, it's the ones who don't shout and posture that are less willing to take any shit.

Posted

Yes, but I just don't see Dwayne being the type who would get into a backstage fight. He seems like too much of a company man, and too cool-headed to get involved in the meathead side of things. I'm sure he could take Michaels in a fight, but I'd like to know if it's just his dad's word we have for it. 

Posted
13 minutes ago, Brewster McCloud said:

Yes, but I just don't see Dwayne being the type who would get into a backstage fight. He seems like too much of a company man, and too cool-headed to get involved in the meathead side of things. I'm sure he could take Michaels in a fight, but I'd like to know if it's just his dad's word we have for it. 

It's probably been embellished a little, but saying that Dwayne was on top of him could simply be a case of him grabbing Michaels and letting him know what's what.

Posted

The Rock used to get into loads of scraps when he was a young man, according to his own autobiography. There's also that episode of Punk'd where he's ready to batter the lad until they tell him he's on camera and he breaks out the film star smile again.

I don't get the impression that The Rock is really as 'sound' as he's purported to be.

  • Paid Members
Posted
20 minutes ago, Pinc said:

according to his own autobiography

I wouldn't quote that as a credible source.

  • Paid Members
Posted
14 hours ago, Pinc said:

The Rock used to get into loads of scraps when he was a young man, according to his own autobiography. There's also that episode of Punk'd where he's ready to batter the lad until they tell him he's on camera and he breaks out the film star smile again.

I don't get the impression that The Rock is really as 'sound' as he's purported to be.

I'm a bit less keen on him since the twitter or instagram post where he mentioned his "good friend Rupert Murdoch." 

Posted
On 10/1/2018 at 12:57 PM, returner82 said:

You can count how many titles he's had, but you can't count how many kisses he's given:

ric-flair-commitment-ceremony.jpg?itok=X

hope they're doing well

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...