The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

• Paid Members

Looks good considering he was in hospital on Monday night

Yeah he hasn't done their current storyline any favours when he posted a pic like this on social media. At the same time Vince and Steph are on Raw trying to sell his injuries.

The NXT account doesn't follow kayfabe. They're posting stuff about last night's episode of TV while simultaneously posting stuff from the live event from last night without trying to pretend the telly is live. They're upping pics constantly of talent larking about together despite being sworn enemies on TV. To be honest, NXT as an entity doesn't adhere to any semblance of kayfabe or consistency with main roster storylines - as has been discussed in several threads, Hunter appears at the start of TakeOver Brooklyn in a babyface style open, and him and Steph look the best bosses imaginable at the end of TakeOver Respect despite their characters being bastards on the main roster shows.

If we're not going to totally buy that pretending its all real is dead as a concept outside of the actual time that we're watching Raw or a PPV, then it's at least clear that NXT is a parallel universe that may share some characters from time to time with the other shows, but ultimately does not have to impact or reflect on what's happening on Raw, especially in regards to the Twitter account. Although now that I've written that, the vast majority of the main roster's Twitter accounts don't adhere to kayfabe half the time any way!

Nobody watching Raw that also follows the NXT Twitter account believes that Triple H is really in hospital. What the actual bloke is up to on any given night has no bearing on the events of the television show and the PPV events that it builds. It's not real.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

Yeah he hasn't done their current storyline any favours when he posted a pic like this on social media. At the same time Vince and Steph are on Raw trying to sell his injuries.

The NXT account doesn't follow kayfabe. They're posting stuff about last night's episode of TV while simultaneously posting stuff from the live event from last night without trying to pretend the telly is live. They're upping pics constantly of talent larking about together despite being sworn enemies on TV. To be honest, NXT as an entity doesn't adhere to any semblance of kayfabe or consistency with main roster storylines - as has been discussed in several threads, Hunter appears at the start of TakeOver Brooklyn in a babyface style open, and him and Steph look the best bosses imaginable at the end of TakeOver Respect despite their characters being bastards on the main roster shows.

If we're not going to totally buy that pretending its all real is dead as a concept outside of the actual time that we're watching Raw or a PPV, then it's at least clear that NXT is a parallel universe that may share some characters from time to time with the other shows, but ultimately does not have to impact or reflect on what's happening on Raw, especially in regards to the Twitter account. Although now that I've written that, the vast majority of the main roster's Twitter accounts don't adhere to kayfabe half the time any way!

Nobody watching Raw that also follows the NXT Twitter account believes that Triple H is really in hospital. What the actual bloke is up to on any given night has no bearing on the events of the television show and the PPV events that it builds. It's not real.

They want to have their cake and eat it with this stuff. I don't want them to pretend it's all real. But then I don't want them to have wacky characters and storylines out of 1991 that don't stand up because everyone is on social media or in TMZ or on some talk show. That's where they need to bringer a greater reality to the product. Everyone should be an extension of their character. If WWE call you Seth Rollins then you are Seth Rollins. You're Seth Rollins at home, you're Seth Rollins on Twitter, you're Seth Rollins in every hotel room you book, every Starbucks you visit and every hooker you strangle.

They need to stop pissing about with rom-com storylines that no-one gives a shit about. If two superstars are a couple (like Bryan and Brie) then use it. Otherwise leave it alone. They wouldn't have had an issue with the Rusez/Lana TNZ story ruining things for them if they weren't pissing about with an angle that no-one in their right mind gave a single shit about in the first place.

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members

It was Hunter himself that posted the pic on his own twitter account last night.

Same deal. His Twitter is chock full of posts that fly in the face of his on-screen character, doing loads of charity work and congratulating talent for stuff they've done despite being enemies in the show, like a couple of weeks ago when he congratulated The Rock for his last magazine cover despite them coming to blows last time Rock was on TV. They don't pretend it's real on Twitter.

EDIT - as per Rick's post, yeah, unless it suits them. They'll happily bang on about two wrestlers fighting on a PPV having an exchange on Twitter if they feel like it. I don't mind pretending what's going on in the show is real, during the show, but nobody's kayfabing 24/7 on their social network. I found Ziggler putting up a pic of himself with Asa Akira's book far more interesting in the "Ummm, really?" stakes than Hunter putting up a London pic when he's "supposed to be in hospital."

Edited by air_raid

We're going off topic a little from the photos here.  I was only joking with my original post.  But I'm guessing

when you say NXT doesn't really follow kayfabe, that means he wouldn't show up at the start of an NXT show and discuss how he took a beating a few days ago on a main show PPV...oh wait...

Edited by pryko