The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

The mid-90s were so fucking weird. It was in the middle of everyone knowing it was fake, but Vince and Pat Patterson still wanted everyone to present themselves as if they really knocked about like that. Like "wrestling is fake, but the people in it aren't" or something. Its strange really. These days everyone has to dress in suits because they want you to think they are really sportsmen or business men. Back then, they'd have to carry a hockey stick through the airport, just in case you thought the Goon wasn't a real hockey drop out.

Hurricane Helms was once told by Savage and Hogan to show up in full gimmick for events because "nobody is paying to see what we look like at home". Probably the philosophy WWF had in the mid 90s as well. Nobody gave a shit about some bald black bloke with tattoos unless he was wearing a top hat and a voodoo stick.

I'd love to see Bossman and Mountie trying to explain their Nightstick or Cattle Prod at check in post 911, or even the Smokin' Gunns.

py62.jpg

Did anyone watch this when it came on the Sky? I thought it was quite entertaining. I remember JLC was at the Ipswich All Star show I was at & was out "scouting". When I approached him during the break & he gave the impression that he had no idea what Lucha was all about.

• Paid Members

A bunch of last names isn't gonna help a lot for people who don't know who they are from looking at them. Give 'em some context! Is there a story behind the photos? If not, full names so people can Google them might clue them in as to what's so funny.

• Paid Members
A random selection...

Random-WWE-Pics-wwe-18014302-500-317.jpg

Random-WWE-Pics-wwe-18014300-500-350.jpg

Random-WWE-Pics-wwe-18014293-372-500.jpg

Random-WWE-Pics-wwe-18014290-500-343.jpg

Random-WWE-Pics-wwe-18014258-500-375.jpg

Random-WWE-Pics-wwe-18014253-347-500.jpg

Random-WWE-Pics-wwe-18014251-333-500.jpg

Steve-Austin-wwe-18014233-500-364.jpg

Frank, just getting red crosses. Can you re-post, as you always have some cracking pics?

For those of us who loved to HUSTLE! back in the day, you may have wondered what happened to wrestler/comedian Hard Gay after his serious foot injury at the Korakuen in 2009 (dive that went wrong and needed 12 screws put in)... well he is turning to male modelling! And I gotta say, I think he is pulling it off... for those who don't remember, this is him then...

3225178-4925033306-hard_.jpg

And this is him now...

hg02.jpg

hg05.jpg

hg04.jpg